It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #1
(female)

glmphnx142 HB User
Question New User for Forteo hopefully

I read some of the other posts and other users have mentioned depression with the use of Forteo. I already have depression and I am still in treatment...but my medication for depression may change. I also have a lot of muscle cramping and real problems in my neck. My diagnosis is multiple compression fractures of the thoracic spine.. Is worsening of depression with Forteo common? I am also trying to get assistance to pay for the medication..my income is at least $4,000 below the $18,000 level for one person...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: New User for Forteo hopefully

Hi and Welcome,
I'm sorry to hear you have compression fractures in the T spine. I have some also but it rarely causes me pain. I've got lower back pain though. I'm not sure if depression is a side effect of Forteo but if you are concerned you can all the Eli Lilly or look online. You might want to have your doctor change your medication for depression before you start on Forteo so your not starting two new medications at the same time.

Eli Lilly has a customer care program for those without insurance or the income to pay for the pens, which are very expensive. I hope you can get this medication paid for. Let us know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread