It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User
Taking both Alendronate and Strontium ?

Does anyone here either take both Alendronate and Strontium? Or does anyone know of anyone that has done so ? If so, what were their Dexa scan scores after taking Strontium with the Alendronate. They were not taken at the same time but I am taking both.? The Alendronate is one time a week.

Right now I am taking both and also trying to decide whether to go off the Alendronate.

I am also taking Ca and D3. I also have been reading about Tumeric and Vitamin K-2 that is supposed to be helpful.

I have had severe osteoporosis for quite awhile and was also on 2 years of Forteo that you shoot yourself with like a small Insulin type Pen/needle. My endo . is leaving and I am going back to my PCP who is used to following thyroid and osteoporosis issues.

I am probably due to have a bone scan in September but will have to change the appointment since my doctor is no longer there. I was put on the alentdronate after the Forteo for 2 years(as that is the max allowed) as sort of a maintenance dosage. Who knows if it is helping. If I drop anything it will probably be the Alendronate.

Any information anyone can give me about this will be wonderful. Also, BTW years ago when I was on Fosomax it didn't seem to help much. However at that time I am not sure I was on the D3 or was told that the Ca needed to be broken down into smaller amounts, so it could be absorbed more efficiently.

Thanks to all !
Granni: wave:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
(female)

goldie55 HB User
Re: Taking both Alendronate and Strontium ?

I took myself off fasomax after having side efects and doctors wont tell ya anything ..no its not the fasomax... they are conducting an experiment and we are the rats..my pharmisist told me when i asked him about cramps in my legs that it stops bone turn over and also stops muscles too hence my cramps..Im taking strontium now and havent dicussed it with my doctor but i feel stronger in my lower back than i have in 10 years..Im wanting to know differnt brands of strontium where do you get yours and what is the brand name?

Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

HI goldie, welcome to the board. I take NSI Strontium and order it online. There are other good brands available, but this is the one i've been taking for almost 4 years and it has proven to be effective for me. It's also reasonably priced, which in this economy is very helpful.

When you discuss it with your dr., odds are he won't be familiar with it and will try to talk you out of it. Most mainstream drs. do what the drug reps tell them and won't advise their patients to take meds that aren't FDA approved. take care...phyllis

Old 07-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
(female)

goldie55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylwill1152 View Post
HI goldie, welcome to the board. I take NSI Strontium and order it online. There are other good brands available, but this is the one i've been taking for almost 4 years and it has proven to be effective for me. It's also reasonably priced, which in this economy is very helpful.

When you discuss it with your dr., odds are he won't be familiar with it and will try to talk you out of it. Most mainstream drs. do what the drug reps tell them and won't advise their patients to take meds that aren't FDA approved. take care...phyllis

Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

HI goldie, the quote is posted but not your response. Would you post it again? take care..phyllis

Closed Thread