It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User
Is Strontium Citrate as good as Strontioum RenLleate(sp)

Phyllwill and anyone else who might know,

Is Strontium Citrate the same as Ranaleate? Which one are you talking Phyll. I read someplace that they though that the Citrate wasn't as good as the Ranaleate.

What are your thoughts.

Hugz,
Granni

Old 07-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: Is Strontium Citrate as good as Strontioum RenLleate(sp)

Hi Granni, strontium renalate isn't available in the US, its made by a French company (Sevier) and is widely used in Europe and many other places around the world. The main difference between the 2 is that renalate, a salt, is added to the SC to make it patentable. So far there is no script from of strontium approved by the FDA, but it is in the testing stages.

What we all take here is strontium citrate, which is sold as a supplement online and in some stores. I take NSI strontium and order it online. It's reasonably priced and for me has proven to be effective. There are other good brands, but this is the one i've been taking.

Have a good 4th, take care...phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User
Re: Is Strontium Citrate as good as Strontioum RenLleate(sp)

Hi Phyllis,

I knew most of what you said already. However, I was just wondering if anyone has actually been able to make some sort of comparison between the two. As I also mentioned in my last post (I think) is that I read somewhere else that the one used in UK, and Europe was better than the one used here in the U.S. (the Stronrium Citrate). Maybe the person who said that really didn't know, I just do not remember.

Perhaps it is even to early to know which is best, if any.

Also, as I have mentioned before in previous posts sometime ago, I have been taking the Doctor's Choice Strontium Citrate. I have been taking the max dosage (2 caps) daily for a few months now. Now I just have to decide whether to go off the Alendronate or not.

Am also wondering if the weight gain I have experienced lately as well as the Hot Flashes , have been from all the drugs I have taken - Fosamax, Forteo, and Alendronate lately and through the years. I should be through the hOt Flashes by now (: !! BTW, I am almost 70.

Thanks again for this and for all the info you have provided me.

Blessings,
Granni

Closed Thread