It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Question My tooth broke off while eating corn on the cob

When a tooth breaks off during normal eating, could that be a sign of osteoporosis? About 90% of the tooth broke off this morning. Basically, there's just a stub left. But there's no pain so I have an appointment to get it looked at in about 2 weeks.

I just had my teeth cleaned around the middle of last month and I have that done quite often plus Xrays. Xrays were taken this year and everything was okay. There's no sign rot on the tooth.

I'm 69, in good health and I get regular exercise. I just had a check up 2 months ago.

What do you think? Is it osteoporosis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

Myth HB User
Re: My tooth broke off while eating corn on the cob

John, I dont think a broken tooth is necessarily osteoporosis ,however if there has been bone loss your dental xrays should reveal it
it was a dentist who first told me I have bone loss, at the time I didnt connect it to osteoporosis and it wasnt till years later that I had a scan which showed advanced osteoporosis
so I think its worthwhile investigating further ,ask your dentist and take it from there

cheers myth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: My tooth broke off while eating corn on the cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
John, I dont think a broken tooth is necessarily osteoporosis......ask your dentist and take it from there.
Good thinking, and good advice! When I consulted with my dentist, he informed me that that tooth had been drilled and filled and that is what weakened it.

Closed Thread