It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
(male)

kingg HB User
Osteoporosis

Sex: Male
Height: 5', 11''
Weight: 98 kg

Dexa Scan Report:

SPINE:
T Score = -2.56
Z Score = -2.46

Right Hip: (Fem Neck)
T Score = -3.24
Z Score = -3.06

Left Hip: (Fem Neck)
T Score = -3.53
Z Score = -3.26

What is the level of my Osteoporosis. Is it serious condition or not?? I have been experiencing too much pain in my right knee for 9 months (with regular treatment). Please tell me that what should I do in next?? Is MRI Scan best to diagnose the condition of knee???

Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: Osteoporosis

HI Kingg, welcome to the board. According to the scores you received (determined by the World Health Organization) you have osteoporosis in all areas tested. Do you have any secondary health issues that could be causing the bone loss? Did your dr. discuss your scores and explain them to you? Discuss options? The good thing is that at your young age you have time to make changes that will improve your density. Diet, supplements and exercise help a lot although with your knee problem that part would have to wait. If you live in Europe, or any number of other countries you could try Protelos, strontium citrate, which is a prescription that is not not available in the USA.

The problem with your knee probably isn't a result of the osteo, unless you've experienced a fracture as a result of it. Have you injured you knee in the past? Nine months is a long time to treat pain without knowing the cause. Did they tell you what the problem with your knee was, maybe a torn ACL and not bone related?

Sorry for so many questions, but they help all of us help you. take care...phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
(male)

Todd500 HB User
Re: Osteoporosis

It's unusual for someone your age to be experiencing issues dealing with bone density. By definition, you have osteoporosis. That being said, I'm assuming your primary MD will run a battery of tests and possibly refer you to an endo to examine possible secondary issues. By the way, osteoporosis itself is painless so any pain or discomfort in the knee joint is a sympton of something unrelated.

Closed Thread