It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
(female)

Becca61 HB User
Smile ostteoporsis

Hi everyone, I'm 61 and just diagnosed with osteoporsis, dr. says serious, 2.5 in hip and spine, she wants me to take fosamax 70 mg. nervous, side effects are serious. Is anyone taking this and how is it working for them, open for suggestions. Would rather go another way if possible. thanks, Becca61

Old 09-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: ostteoporsis

Hi Becca, welcome to the board . A score of -2.5 is not severe, its the entry number of the scale used to measure osteoporosis. With scores like yours you can improve your density with a good exercise program, supplements and healthy diet. Also, do some research on your own and learn about other options you have besides taking the drugs. You want to decide on a plan that will not only work for you, but one you can happily live with There is a natural supplement called strontium citrate that some of here are taking and have had good results with. If you put "strontium" it in the search box at the top left of the page you can find plenty of info about it. One book to read before making any decision is the Myth of Osteoporosis by Gillian Sansone. Its loaded with good info and will address a lot of your concerns. If you have more questions please ask, we'll do our best to help you. take care..phyllis

Last edited by phylwill1152; 09-08-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: forgot something...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
(female)

Becca61 HB User
Re: ostteoporsis

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me, I feet better, I was hoping there was another way other than meds, I will look up strontium citrate. thanks, I will keep in touch Becca61

Closed Thread