It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Sensitivo HB UserSensitivo HB User
Vibration therapy for osteoporosis?

The results of my recent bone density test show a progression from osteopenia to osteoporosis. I had taken Didrocal for 7 years, and now must make a decision on whether to move to a more potent medication. Everything I've read so far (on this forum, and in books) makes me hesitant to do so, at least until I've tried a more natural solution.

One book suggested standing for 20 minutes on a vibration platform. Has anyone tried this, and if so, do you think it helped?

Old 10-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
(female)

Chelle2 HB User
Re: Vibration therapy for osteoporosis?

No, but I think they might be a great idea. Unfortunately, unlike diabetes and hig blood pressure, osteoporosis cannot be treated organically. Trust me, I did my own research 7 years ago when I had to take Actonel. What persuaded me the most to take it was that I didn't want to eventually have hip replacement surgery. I would have broken a hip for sure if I didn't take Actonel and that's all pretty scarry for me when I was only 42.

There are a lot of natural ways to help osteoporosis but from all my studies, it's really a very difficult thing to treat organically. If someone gave me one of those vibration borads I would defintely use it ! I read that they are great for dogs as well ! LOL !

Best wishes !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: Vibration therapy for osteoporosis?

I have no experience with vibration boards and can't help with that question, but if you are looking or a more natural approach to treating your osteo look into strontium citrate. It's a natural substance that some of us here have been taking for our bones. I've had good results with it and no side effects at all. take care...phyllis

Closed Thread