It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
A tooth/bone story....

Hello, hope everyone is enjoying the nice fall weather, its great here. I wanted to share with all of you what's been going on with my tooth. About 2 months ago i bumped one of my incisors on the handle of the vacuum cleaner. It's an upright and when i bent over to pick you something i smacked it hard enough to loosen it. I knew i was going for a check soon so i didn't give it much thought. Anyway when i saw our family dentist he informed me with an xray that i'd not only loosened the tooth but also broke the the bone. He sent me to a periodontist for repairs. I had a bone graft last week (thank goodness for lots of Novocaine) and today went for the 1 week checkup. When he saw the tooth all he said was WOW and I'm impressed. Just one week post surgery and the tooth does not move at all. It will take several months for the bone chips (the size of salt and pepper) to knit into my bone but he said i was way ahead of what 1 week of healing should be. NOW, i have to ask, am i just lucky or do you think the strontium has anything to do with it? Have any of you experienced a bone healing faster than what is considered a normal rate since being on strontium?

I told him when i first saw him i was taking it and ask if i should keep it up while healing. He didn't really know about it, but said to keep taking it. Like i said i don't know if there is a connection, but this could be another benefit of taking strontium for our bones. take care...phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
(female)

turtlelady HB Userturtlelady HB Userturtlelady HB User
Re: A tooth/bone story....

So good to hear! Great for you and a real "upper" for the rest of us taking strontium.
Thanks for sharing.
Carol

Closed Thread