***I first posted this last year but we have so many new members that i thought it might be nice to share it again.
We are all looking for the right things to do to help our bones, but sometimes we forget that its simple things that many times do the most good. Let's see how many we can come up among all of us...
1. Balance...an easy way to prevent broken bones is not to fall. Practice balancing exercises along with your weight bearing and weight training. Don't forget good posture and practice it daily.
2. Keep active...no matter what we do during the day just moving and doing daily chores is exercise. It's all good.
3. Eat a balanced diet that includes all the right food and a few not so good, that we eat just to be happy. Chocolate does a body good .
4. Laugh often and heartily, its good for spirit and gives you strong abdominal muscles, which support the back.
5. Take your supplements, but don't stress about forgetting them some days. Stress isn't good for anything.
6. Listen to what you gut tells you, you'll know what's right and whats not for you. Everyone has an agenda to share or sell, some are good, some aren't, we have to decide for ourselves.
7. Don't let our less than perfect bones rule who we are...we are all much more than a dx given by a dr. who doesn't know us.
8. Enjoy everyday the best you can.
I'm sure there are many other thoughts to share, so please share. Have a good day everyone...take care...phyllis
I am so much more than a score, I am strong, healthy, active and like to help others.
Last edited by phylwill1152; 11-22-2010 at 09:46 PM.