It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
(male)

ppn HB User
need help how to use Forteo

hi all,

My mother is adviced to take Forteo once a month. she is suffering from osteoporosis and Thyroid too. is there any link between these two.

also can any one tell me that whether any other things need to be done while taking Forteo, like exercises, calcium supplements. right now my mother is suffering from severe body pains and she is not in a position to do any physical exercises. please suggest me how to proceed.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: need help how to use Forteo

Forteo is injectable medication used daily for about 2 years. It's suggested to do weight bearing activities like walking, and take calcium supplements. I would suggest your mother see a orthopedic doctor to see why she's having so much body pain and whether physical therapy or some other treatment could help, so she be more active.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
(male)

ppn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by taape View Post
Forteo is injectable medication used daily for about 2 years. It's suggested to do weight bearing activities like walking, and take calcium supplements. I would suggest your mother see a orthopedic doctor to see why she's having so much body pain and whether physical therapy or some other treatment could help, so she be more active.
Thanks Taape,

doctors are saying that she is getting these pains due to Osteoporosis only. also they are saying that she needs to get some sunlight daily. but we are not sure why she is getting that much pains due to this problem.

also we were advised to take Forteo once a month. but as you said it will be taken daily, will there be any effect if we take it once a month.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

Getting sunlight is helpful so you get natural Vit D along with Supplements. Unless there's something new with Forteo, I understand it's a daily injection. I wonder if the doctor was referring to another type of osteoporosis medication which might be taken once per month. Does she have a return app't with the doctor so both of you can get your questions answered?

Closed Thread