It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

ineptenigma HB User
bone density question

my name is jeanne, i'm 58 and i have had osteoporosis for nearly 20 years. i recently had a bone density scan that read "-4.6" and i have become scared wondering when i will "fall apart". i know that -4.6 is very bad and my doctors say i'm a walking miracle and can't believe i'm not bed-ridden. i was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation or can give me an idea of how long i might have before i can expect to start "breaking up". i know it's a strange question, but i'm very scared and don't know who else to ask. thank you ll in advance.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

thyroida HB User
Re: bone density question

Hi, is the -4.6 DEXA spine or hip? Have you ever broken a bone? My DEXA was -3.4 hips and I haven't broken a bone ever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

Piano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB User

Read the book, "The Myth of Osteoporosis" by Gillian Sanson. It will help alleviate some of your concerns to a large extent. Also research on this board and other sites regarding the various drugs prescribed and what results people have had.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
(female)

ineptenigma HB User

i believe it was spinal because i have 9 vertebrae fractures. i just didn't know exactly how bad it was (like, should i be worried about multiple fractures from a simple fall?)

Closed Thread