It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

59yearold HB User
Garden of Life Grow Bone System

I just purchased this pack from the Health Food Store. Has anyone tried it before. They claim improvement in 6 months. It does have the 680 mg of Strontium in it along with the raw calcium along with much more. Would be interested to know if anyone had luck and if they had any side effects from it, I refused to take Actonel any longer and my doctor let me try something on my own. So actually, even though you take 5 pills of the one bottle and 3 of the other it is still cheaper than my co-pay for actonel. Please let me know. Thank yu for your help.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

KATC45 HB User
Re: Garden of Life Grow Bone System

Hi,
I am glad that your are trying something besides prescription drugs.
But please change your thinking, always go with your gut feeling.
You can always do what you want not what the doctor says you can
do.
I think if you give this a try with walking and weight bearing exercise you will see a difference, but it does take a while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

HI, i've always read and been told that strontium and calcium shouldn't be taken at the same, so each has a chance to be absorbed properly. I don't know anything about raw calcium so maybe its absorbed by the body differently. I'll be interested to see how well it does for you in 6 months.

Bravo for taking charge of your your health, we are our own best advocate and if the dr. doesn't agree with your choice that fine too. Everyone has their own way of dealing with each issue that comes up and sometimes we agree with the doctor and sometime we don't. take care...phyllis

Old 08-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
(female)

59yearold HB User

Thanks so much for your response. Actually the kit contains raw calcium and all the vitamins - Vit. D 3 , C, K magnesium etc in one pill which you take take two in the morning and at lunch with meals. At night you take the strontium on an empty stomach.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

HI, now it makes sense. Good luck. take care...phyllis

Closed Thread