It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

Searfass HB User
Osteopenia in hips

Well I have osteopenia, which probably turned into Osetoporosis, as I didn’t take Calcium supplements, in my hips, and I had a few x rays and I have missing cartilage, that was prevalent since birth, in my hips. I have gone to the arthritis doc about my hip problems a few times, and he says since I’m not in intense pain and because I’m so young (31) that a hip replacement is generally out of the question. He just tells me to take pain relievers. I did try glucosmaine/chondroitin supplements, and they help tremendously, the only thing is the glucosamine really elevates my blood sugars.

Now I hardly feel any pain at all, it’s just that when my blood sugars go lower then normal, (and it’s next to impossible, if you have diabetes, to keep them normal 100% of the time) my feet get really difficult to pick up, and my hips, while still don’t hurt, I do notice some discomfort.

A few years ago, I began having difficulty with balance. But since I began taking Citracal, it has improved. If I could take glucosmaine products I’d be fine, but in my situation, I’m damned if I do, screwed if I don’t. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do about my hip? Any input is appreciated.

Edit: I have been reading alot, and am considering taking strontium citrate again. I took it before, but I had terrible side pains after I took it. A few weeks later I found out I had a large kidney stone!

Last edited by Searfass; 09-01-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

KATC45 HB User
Re: Osteopenia in hips

Hi,
I don't think the strontium caused the kidney stones. I would try it again and see what
happens, remember not to take it with calcium. I have also added lots of DHA and Epa
it does help the joints. I take 1,250 mg twice a day.

Just keep trying and it moving.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
(male)

Searfass HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATC45 View Post
Hi,
I don't think the strontium caused the kidney stones. I would try it again and see what
happens, remember not to take it with calcium. I have also added lots of DHA and Epa
it does help the joints. I take 1,250 mg twice a day.

Just keep trying and it moving.
Hi, thanks for responding. yea I had the kidney stone for some time before it was diagnosed. Taking the strontium just caused it to move, and that = pain. At the time I didn't know I had a stone, I thought it was the strontium, but I endured the pain for quite a while, eventually I went to a urologist and ended up needing surgery to blast the stone apart.

I bought a bottle of stontium citrate today. If I feel nothing after the bottle is empty, I doubt I'll continue it. That stuff ain't cheap and I take enough pills so as it is!

What is DHA and EPA? I've been searching for joint support that doesn't effect my blood sugars.

Last edited by Searfass; 09-02-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
(male)

Searfass HB User

Well day 1 was an excellent day on strontium citrate. After just taking 2 pills, I feel a heck of alot better! My hips don't bother me near as much. I recently began taking Chanca Piedra also, to help with UTIs and kidney stones, since I am prone, but I credit my instant relief to the strontium.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
(male)

Searfass HB User

Well day 3 on the strontium citrate is winding down. Day 2 was horrible, as I made the mistake of taking it at the same time I took my calcium supplement. Today I really couldn't tell, as I have off from work and didn't really do anything. I will report back when I work again and hopefully have some good results.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
(male)

Searfass HB User

Well since the medicine I purchased online called Zimosine helped me tremendously, but with the glucosamine, raised my blood sugars, I had to quit taking it. I get fed up with tired of being tired all the time. I'm only 31 and at times feel like I am 60. So, I looked up all the ingredients in Zimosine, and was planning on buying each one and test it for a week or 2 to pinpoint which one helps me.

The first ingredient I tied was Devil's Claw Root Extract. The only thing I felt from this was increased sputum/congestion in my lungs. It did absolutely nothing for my hips.

The second ingredient I tried was Bromelain. After the first dose, my hips felt immediately better. I haven't noticed any negative effects from this medicine, I take it twice daily with food. Even though this medicine is great, Zimosine is spectacular. Bromelain is dirt cheap, I got 100 capsules for $7! I've been taking it for a week or so now, and I feel it has set up residence in my system. I feel alot more mobile and limber now!

Closed Thread