It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

vishnuvita HB User
Thumbs up Do not take the bone drugs they are deadly

Hi!
I was diagnosed with osteopenia a while back but it has
(because I did nothing) turned to osteopenia.
My physician told me I need to take some drug which I hear can make you loose all of your teeth!! Holy cow!
I said no and went to another MD.
This was a female MD who her self had osteoporosis .
She advised me to change my diet - get a healthy diet with lots of greens and yogurts and kefir etc .
She said onions are great to strengthen bones too.
She also told me to get a weighted vest by a c. called nyknyc
that makes weight vests for women with osteoporosis .
She uses the nyk vest and recommends it to all patients who need to get stronger bones . She said - if you strengthen muscles that the muscles is attached to bone so when you work muscle it "tugs" on bone which signals the bone to grown stronger and to make more bone cells.
I thought it sounds logical so I am following her advice and
I am now after a few months of doing this PAIN FREE.
She by the way will not take any drug she said they can cause very harmful effects like broken bones loss of teeth and loss of jaw bone !! necrosis of the jaw . she said she would not take the drugs if you paid her . She is a good doctor and an honest one she is not a drug pusher and she really wants me to get well- which I am.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
(female)

vishnuvita HB User
strengthen bones naturally !

Hi I wrote before but my comment was never posted so again.
I will try to ake it short .
My doctor said not to take the drugs on the market they are dangerous she said to take yogurt kefir which is a calcium laden drink that tasts like a dream!
Eat more healthy foods greens veggies fruits no smoking make sure you are not at very low weight and also she said to get a weight vest for weight bearing workouts as you walk . She uses the one by NYK it is the one made for women to strengthen bones and it looks pretty decent .
Get enough sun and stay active ! Sleep enough too sleep is the best thing for a body to heal it .
Hope they post me this time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply