It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Book with good info...

Hello everyone, I just read a book that is full of good information about keeping your bones strong called Your Bones, by Lara Pizzorno. Its an easy to read and understand book that gives good clear advice on diet, supplements and exercise, plus a whole lot more. It even has a chapter on strontium citrate, something many books on osteo skim over. After the holidays when things calm down check it out. Have a good week. Take care...phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
(female)

TrustingOne HB User
Re: Book with good info...

I've just read this one, too, and it's the clearest presentation I've come across yet for approaching osteoporosis. The author explains the contributions of the various nutrients we need (way beyond calcium and Vitamin D), as well as exercise and other lifestyle components. I highly recommend the book, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

Hi TrustingOne, welcome to the board . Another good book to read is The Myth of Osteoprosis by Gillian Sansone. It too has lots of good info and a non-mainstream POV. take care...phyllis

Old 12-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
(female)

TrustingOne HB User

Thanks for the welcome, phyllis . I was diagnosed with osteoporosis just two months ago, scoring a shocking T-4 at 54 years old. I'm on a major education binge, reading everything I can find so I can turn things around as quickly as possible.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello, i was about your age when i was DX and let me tell you it does get easier to deal with. You're wise to educate yourself before making any decisions. You want to make one that you can live with easily and will be easy to make a lifelong habit. Reading the Myth of Osteo will give a different perspective of what you are dealing now. Its helped many get over the fear about finding out you have less than perfect bones. Another thing to keep in mind is that even with less than perfect bones there is no way to know if you will or ever will break a bone. There is also a big difference between bone density and bone strength and a traumatic fracture and an osteo related fracture. Like so many other things in life it all luck of the draw. If you have questions please ask, the members of this board are very helpful. take care...phyllis

Reply Reply