It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

birdbones HB User
New with questions

I'm a newcomer here. I was just diagnosed with Osteoporosis in my Femurs and osteopenia in my spine. I'm only 50! I'm very small, (110 lbs) fair-skinned, grandmother with osteoporosis, and I'm in menopause. I'm very active and love to be outdoors (except in Winter). I'm so afraid I'll end up like my poor grandma who is all bent over and breaks when she moves wrong. She took hormones for the disease when she was younger .. which caused her to have breast cancer. Then after having Chemo it made the Osteo even worse. I can't take hormones because of the side-effects, and I am scared to death of those drugs (like Fosomax). Tried that years ago and it ruined my stomach. Needless to say, I'm a little down right now. Not sure where to turn. I've read some things about taking Magnesium supplements for 4 months without calcium to get things balanced, and then taking the right calcium/magesium ratio after that. I'm planning on trying to do more weight-bearing exercise (I just hope I won't break while I'm doing it). BTW, I don't drink soda pop or use any caffeine, and hardly any milk (just soy milk on my cereal).

Is it even possible to reverse Osteoporosis? Are there any doctor that specialize in it?
I'm just not sure where to turn.

Last edited by birdbones; 02-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Reply Reply