It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

patched HB User
strontium questions

I have been off Actonel for almost a year due to bad side-effects. I am going for my next scan next week and know that my osteo. is much worse. Does anyone have info. on over-the counter Strontium vs.the product that was developed in France and not approved in the states for use? Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

Old 02-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: strontium questions

Hi Pat, I've been taking OTC strontium citrate for over 5 years, wih no side effects and have seen gains with each DEXA. The active ingredient in both is strontium citrate. Strontium Renalate (Proteleos), the product from France, has added ingredients to make it patentable. Unless you live in Europe or one of the other countries where its available you wouldn't be able to get it, so the OTC strontium is the only option. You can find it online and sometimes in stores. If you do decide to try it be sure to get the kind that is just strontium citrate without any other vitamins or minerals added.

Good luck with your DEXA, if you have any more questions just ask. take care, phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
(female)

patched HB User
Re: strontium questions

Thanks for the information Phyllis.

Pat

Reply Reply