It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
(male)

Jomack HB User
hi

I have some severe neck pain due to osteophytosis and I'm wondering if theres anyone else out there that has similar problems as I do and was able to get them fixed. Heres a run down on my problems.

There is a gentle reversal of normal cervical lordosis centered at C-5. Type l Modic endplate changes are prominent at C5 and C6 with a mild disc space narrowing and some endplate osteophytosis. Also disc space narrowing at C6-7 with endplate osteophytosis.

Cerebellar tonsils are above the foramen magnum. Cervical cord margins are blurred essentially between C4 and C6, but otherwise the cord apprears to have abnormal configuration and caliber. No prebertebral soft tissue. It would be difficult to exclude some intramedullart edema based on these images.

No appreciable disc osteophyte at C2-3, and the canal as well as the foramen appear patent.

At C3-4 small disc osteophyte complex appears broad based and partially effaces the ventral CSF fluid column. No definite cord contact although images are compromised. Foramen are suboptimally assessed.

At C4-5 larger broad-based posterior disc osteophyte complex contacts and at least mildly deforms the cord very likely with some intramedullary edema. Facet joints show mild degeneration. There is quite possibly some uncinate hypertrophy particularly on the right. The foramen are suboptimally assessed.

At C5-6, disc and osteophyte is present and broad-based more pronounced and eccentric to the right toward the foramen. The cord appears contacted and mildly deformed particularly upon the right anterior lateral aspect. Foramen cannot be assessed.

Ok, those are the worst parts on the MRI , the rest of it is the same or milder damage than the things I posted above. I'm wondering if anyone else had these similar problems and if they were able to get them fixed. I would like to know how they fill now and how they function now since they had the operation. Anykind of help on my post would be gratefully appriciated and I hope everyones pain stops, forever. Take good care of yourself and have a nice day. Thank you, Jomack

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
(male)

Jomack HB User
Re: hi

Well I was at the doctors this past Tue and I found out what I can have done about my neck. Absolutely nothing. What a shame it was to hear that from this doctor, he was suppose to be one of the top notch doctors in this feild. He even bragged about it a little before he seen my MRI. When he viewed the neck and could see the inside of it, he told me right away there was nothing he could do to help my neck. So I'm up the creek without a paddle right now and out of ideas about what I can do now. Anykind of help on this would be greatly appriciated by me. Take care and try to stay out of pain if possible and have agood day.

Reply Reply