It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

Stive5 HB User
How my husband has been feeling after starting forteo

We went with his rhuematoligist's recommendations and now we are questioning that because of how he's been feeling.... On top of the normal RA issues he has been nauseated, having no energy, swollen glands, mood changes, worse joint pain then usual, the vivid and strange dreams and so on.... He's on MAJOR pain medication as well as composite (sp??) and nothing is helping. He's been on "his normal medication, pain meds included" for over three years, so I know these side affects are from the forteo, not his daily medication.

HAS ANYONE FOUND ANY RELIEF FROM ANY OF THESE SIDE AFFECTS? OR DOES EVERYONE "JUST DEAL WITH THIS NONSENSE?"

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....

Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: How my husband has been feeling after starting forteo

I honestly don't know how people deal with it. I did one forteo shot and 4 hours later, I had a horrible headache, body aches, chills, weakness etc. It put me down for almost 2 days. I didn't do another injection. Now several months later I was told to do the reclast but I am thinking of trying the forteo again to see if I can get past the symptoms. I am too afraid to do the reclast that lasts a year.
I read the nightmares are a side-effect of the forteo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
(female)

Kathy1813 HB User

I took Forteo for a little over 2 weeks a couple of years ago but stopped after having so many balance problems. Couldn't walk straight and would nearly fall over and would get light headed. I decided it wasn't for me. Also I had read that after you have been on this for 2 years, then you have to stop and go on to something else or you will gradually get worse again.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

astonish HB User

It happens in beginning with some patients. Pls. ask your doctor for this.

My mother has severe osteoporosis. she is 66. We have started forteo. She is taking injections since a month and still a long to go. No problem at present. Let's hope everything goes fine.

Forteo is the costly but best way is patient responds to the medicine.
I advice you to take sun bath for at least 15 minutes a day and eat soya food.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
(female)

plc HB User

I have been using this forteo for a month in half, joints are sore at times, headache off and on . I ask my doctor about the joint pain she said it is a side effect and to try to stay with. I have to admitt it is not everyday, but advil has been helping. But other then that not having a problem.

Reply Reply