It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #16
(female)

abby20 HB User
Re: "Bone quality"?

When they treated the Meneire's with an inner ear perfusion, a 3 day torture session, they damaged my hearing and my neck, scared to death to go back to this doc so saw another ENT for follow up, after a year of extreme head/ear pain, he sends me to a back doc for diagnostics on my neck, they did not get done, got sent to a super aggressive PT, he did more damage to my neck, and on the second session Popped the L 4/5 compression fracture. Now I get to live in that pain for the rest of my life as no back dr will touch me. And I can't take their drugs.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #17
(female)

oscarhon HB User

Just curious,how long were you on forteo and it showed no help? I was on it for 13 months and it did nothing at all, so disappointing. I will continue on it for the 2 year time to see if miraculously there'll be gains in year 2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #18
(female)

abby20 HB User

Since I react badly to most drugs I don't want them or do them. The few that I do take are necessary or I'd not take any. Syntrhoid, name brand, as I'm allergic to the generic, Clartin as I live in the allergy belt, Diazide for the swelling of feet and hands. And NEXIUM for the DRUG INDUCED GERD! For that I take the max dose per day, 1 in the morning and 1 at night. My experience with Fosamax was horrid, after a week it went in the trash can, more side effects from GERD to Drug induced IBS and more.

I now have colon issues which I know come from the Compression fracture and the hard ab fall on concrete I had 2 years ago and am limited to what types of food I can eat, if it causes gas, it is off the list of edible foods, it to spicy same. To dry and I have trouble swallowing it.

I loath all the ER visits I end up making. This last time they blew 4 veins by using IV set ups 4 times the size of my veins. Since I have had several nerve blocks, and Upper GI's in the past 3 years, I know a IV does not have to hurt or blow veins, it is the issue of their choice of ONE SIZE fits all. Not all of us have huge veins, mine are very small more like a 12 year olds, than a 65 year old.

Last edited by abby20; 11-11-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Reply Reply