It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
Thumb joint replacement

I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritus in my hands. I remember as each finger went through the pain before it was done. But now my left thumb joint is beyond pain. I am 49 and very healthy and fit. I get past most of the pain with Celebrex, pain meds and wear a brace during my weight training and bootcamp. I also wear a arthritus glove on my left hand use Voltaren Gel. However, not enough pain relief. I have had one shot thus far and go back on Monday for another one. I know that my hand doctor told me that if this does not work then a joint replacement is the next step. So I guess I would like some imput on that and to know if you get relief of the pain or not. Right now even though I do not have corporal tunnel it feels like it, like a nerve in pinched and the pain goes up my arm and into my neck which has a whole chapter of its own (3 neck surgeries).

Today I just felt bad. The entire day I succumbed to laziness. I NEVER take the time off of working out, chores or playing with my son, but today I had my belly full. I just want to crawl into bed and hope tomorrow is great. I already have chronic pain and fibro so I do not need hand pain added to the mix. I want relief.

Thanks for any opinions or personal experiences..

K

The following user gives a hug of support to Backinthesaddle:
Tyg3367 (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

Tyg3367 HB User
Re: Thumb joint replacement

I too have a very very painful thumb - nothing has been diagnosed or treated yet though. I've been buying 'aids' live electric can openers. Trying to learn to do chores with feet instead of hands (so far I've managed to roll up a hall mat and wash the floor with foot instead of hands!) But today I am finding it all too much to bear. Devoting this day to caring for me and my painful hands.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply