It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

Thoracic + Cervical Pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
sonja342
(female)

sonja342 HB User
Question Thoracic + Cervical Pain

Hey!

So I'll try to keep this short but I need other opinions on the matter.

On October 1st, 2015 I was rear-ended while waiting to turn into the plasma donation place I went to. I didn't have any pain other than my neck after the hit so I went ahead and filed a police report then donated plasma like I had intended to do. But the next morning I woke up in excruciating pain, in my middle and upper back. I couldn't bend in any direction or walk straight without crying. I went to the hospital and was diagnosed with whiplash. The doctors told me it would go away after a few days, and prescribed me with pain medication as well as muscle relaxers. Forward to this exact day I still have the same pain issues. I've had x-rays which show nothing, and I've seen a Chiropractor. She told my my upper thoracic and cervical spine is out of line and is causing constant muscle spasms, as well as telling me my back was flat. I've never had an MRI but that was recently suggested to me due to how severe my back pain is (I don't go a day without having to lay on a heating pad + popping pain pills) Prior to this wreck I had NO back pain what so ever and I was in tip top shape. I've lost a few jobs because I can't perform the work required due to my back pain. I do try to help my back by rolling out on a foam roller, it helps "pop" it and I get some relief but a few hours later the pain is back. What else can I do to help fix my back? Most doctors I've seen (besides the one who wants an MRI) just want to pump me with pain pills. I'm also an unemployed college student who just recently got health insurance. How much do MRI's usually cost?

Any advice is welcome! I really just want the pain to stop without being on pain pills.

The following user gives a hug of support to sonja342:
tortoisegirl (07-16-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
Raymon
(male)

Raymon HB User
Re: Thoracic + Cervical Pain

Sonja342,

I'm sorry about the pain you're going through and there are many here, like myself, that know exactly what you are going through.
Around here, it's difficult to get a dr to prescribe any pain medications due to the issues of prescription related deaths. The MRI can reviel soft tissue damage where x-rays can't. They are an excellent diagnostic tool, but can be very expensive. It's not uncommon for a MRI of the cspine to cost $1500-$2500 depending on the resolution and if they use a paramagnavist contrast solution. Here where I live, the MRI place will send you to a loan officer at one of the local banks before they schedule the MRI to take place if you don't have insurance. Hopefully you can get this resolved soon and get back to class and work.
Ray

Reply Reply