It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #1

giggles21536 HB User
Question Neck, Back, Head and Right Shoulder Injury

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this. Last year in June 12 I was a passenger in a car accident. We got hit head on and then t-boned. The guy who hit us was at fault and was not hurt. I went to the hospital and was told I was fine but I wasn't. I have been in and out of Dr.'s and then I finally found a Dr. who finally diagnosed me. I have a lot of nerve damaged to my neck, back, a rotator cuff tear in right shoulder, thoriac outlet syndrome, post concussion syndrome, TMJ, and other things I can't pronounced. The Dr. went to was in Baltimore. He wanted to admit me but because how much it costs and because I don't have health insurance I couldn't go down there. I have been going to physical therapy. It has helped some. But i am only 26 and was told not to have any more children. Besides being depressed if anyone has any information on where I can go or places or dr.s to loook into I would appreciate it.

Joni

Old 04-05-2004, 03:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User
Re: Neck, Back, Head and Right Shoulder Injury

I have similar injuries that were caused by a head first dismount off a running pony. I too hit the right side. I took a chip fracture out of my C5 or 6?? Not sure. Also, pushed my jaw a little out of alignment (doesn't seem to cause problems), have tension migraines that start at the base of my skull and move up behind my eye and all the way down my shoulder blade, mid back and arm and last upto 2 weeks.

My pelvis is also misaligned now, with my right leg being 1/2" longer when it's out, sacroiliac joint dysfunction that causes tremendous pain in my hips, pubic bone (because of the pubic symphesis being damaged), knee pain and flat feet because my hips aren't properly aligned. I also have a few other issues and on top of post concussive syndrome, I have also got narcolepsy which was more than likely caused by the fall.

I just turned 27 on friday and have the body of a 90 year old! Just a thought, in the accident, was there any insurance coverage?? It may be possible for you to go after them for expenses that are related to this, or after the hospital who misdiagnosed you and left you to the pain and misery on your own.

I don't have much time right now, but I'll check back with you. I have a great site for head injury, I'll check with the mods to see if I can post it and will let you know. It has charts and check lists to see what other things may be brewing in your noggin. It had some printable charts on: head injury check list, support system, and a few others that my brain isn't accessing right now.

You need to get help though, immediately. From what I've learned, brain injury doesn't get better after the two year mark and I was left undiagnosed for 10!!! I didn't find out until I started looking for the causes of my narcolepsy and other cognitive problems that have been ongoing.....so don't wait. Contact the local brain injury association in your area and see if they may have the funds to help you with a neuro-psych evaluation and brain injury rehabilitation....good luck, check on ya in a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

surgicaldisaster HB User
Red face Re: Neck, Back, Head and Right Shoulder Injury

Hi giggles, first, I cannot believe the first hospital missed all that, you for SURE have a case there. Don't let it go too long, from what I found out the hard way there is a 2 year statute of limitations when it comes to medical suits. But, what's done is done and I agree with Angel, you need to start getting care asap. I really should think this persons insurance should cover you, whether it be his auto or homeowners, or an umbrella policy. You deserve good care at this point(you deserved it from the beginning!!!) and I would suggest checking into that option. I am not sure if you should start with a neurologist, or gp and then have the gp tell you which Drs should be seen to treat you properly. Also, for sure get second opinions, especially in regards to having more children. Was that advice given after an exam? If you were not examined and given this advice...I would say it's a really major diagnosis to make with out one. Hang in there, and please let me know how you are okay? You will make it through this, and we will help you any way we can...Surgical Disaster

Last edited by surgicaldisaster; 04-07-2004 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 04-07-2004, 02:24 PM   #4

giggles21536 HB User

Hi Guys

I have seen a neurosurgeon. He did MRI and he said it was fine and so I was. Of course my body is not fine. It has been almost a year since the accident and I am trying to get back into physical therapy. I have a lawyer and I am told that I have 3 yrs. and then it will go into a law suit. I think I need more than physical therapy but all the Dr.'s up here are STUPID! and they don't listen to you. The only DR. who believed was from Baltimore at a pain management clinic. But because I don't have health insurance then I can't get treatment from other places. I feel stuck but I am not ready to settle with the insurance right now. Everyone even my lawyer has pressured me into settling. They are not in my body so they don''t know how I feel. If I wasn't anything wrong I wouldn't be going through all these Dr.'s and stuff. I don't want to get addicted to the pain pills. I lost my job and I can't have children right now and I am very ticked about it. But if you can get me information I would really appreciate it.

Joni

Old 04-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #5

giggles21536 HB User

The guy's insurance will pay but if I settle now and I would have to have surgery then the money that I would receive wouldn'g pay half of the bill.

Old 04-19-2004, 01:52 PM   #6

giggles21536 HB User

Hi Surgicaldisaster,

They did do examnation and told me that if I were to have anymore children there would be to many complications. I had back labor with my little boy so I really don't want to lose another child. We lost a child 1 1/2 yrs ago. That was before this major car accident. right now I am trying to live through the pain. I don't have any medicines and because I don't have a vehicle I can't get to physical therapy. So it has been over a month since I have been in physical therapy. So i have to go back to my regular family doctor and get a order to get back into therapy. The bad thing is 3 weeks ago I went swimming with friends and I had gotton out of the pool and i slipped and fell straight onto my back and my head bounced off the floor. They took me to the hospital and the Dr. said my neck, back, and shoulder are not healing from the car accident. So I don't know what I am going to do. I don't know who to turn to. The Dr.'s around here suck. If you want the best care you need to go out of county or state just to find a good Dr. I am not ready to settle and I have a lot of people including my lawyer forcing me to do that. I have 2 more years before it turns into a law suit. All my medical bills are coming in and starting to get ready to go into the collection agency. I hate when people force you into things when you don't want to do. I feel like I am being screwed. If you have anymore suggestions I would like to hear from you.

giggles21536

Old 05-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
(male)

godsgrl444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgicaldisaster View Post
Hi giggles, first, I cannot believe the first hospital missed all that, you for SURE have a case there. Don't let it go too long, from what I found out the hard way there is a 2 year statute of limitations when it comes to medical suits. But, what's done is done and I agree with Angel, you need to start getting care asap. I really should think this persons insurance should cover you, whether it be his auto or homeowners, or an umbrella policy. You deserve good care at this point(you deserved it from the beginning!!!) and I would suggest checking into that option. I am not sure if you should start with a neurologist, or gp and then have the gp tell you which Drs should be seen to treat you properly. Also, for sure get second opinions, especially in regards to having more children. Was that advice given after an exam? If you were not examined and given this advice...I would say it's a really major diagnosis to make with out one. Hang in there, and please let me know how you are okay? You will make it through this, and we will help you any way we can...Surgical Disaster
What ended up happening when you went back to the Dr?

Closed Thread