It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #16

tk98fdl HB User
Re: Question: Oxycodone for anxiety/depression

Ya know moz is right you are quick to judge. Even those who suffer from some sort of depression when on medication have bad days where they dont feel "GOOD". Everyone is going to have bad days and good days. Its when they have more bad days, like every day that something should be done. And Im not here to promote illegal drug use or anything im just saying that if all other options hasnt worked what the hell. Use it if it makes you feel better. Obviously you must not suffer from depression cause you dont know what it feels like to want to crawl into a box and not talk to anyone or do anything all day or even week. And yes I am a man and I am emotional about my anxiety problem cause it controls my life. Not wanting to go to social events and do other things can cause a MAN to get emotional after a while.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

I agree with Shoreline. This is a "Pain Management Forum" not a depression one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2004, 11:40 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

sherry47 HB User

Not being physically able to go to family functions, outings, work, or leave your house because of pain gets old also. Its enough to make you depressed, but I can honestly say, no doctor of mine would offer oxy for depression. Hell, its hard enough getting it for chronic pain. Oh well, just my two cents. Not worth a dime is it?

God Bless,
Sherry

Old 05-06-2004, 02:25 AM   #19
Inactive

moz HB User
Thumbs up Re: Question: Oxycodone for anxiety/depression

Hello. I've gone against my principals by joining this attack and it was wrong to retaliate or insult anybody. Pain hurts. Physical or emotional and we all know it. All we have done here is created more suffering than nessecary. Harsh words are just another virus that weakens the body and spirit in all of us. End the war.

I wish every single person who responded peace in their lives and good health.

Kindest regards to everyone and I mean everyone,

Moz

Last edited by moz; 05-06-2004 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Because.........we must.

The Following User Says Thank You to moz For This Useful Post:
HeckNo (05-23-2011)
Old 05-06-2004, 02:33 AM   #20

sirsickalot HB User

As an infamous pain sufferer once said, “can’t we all just get along?”

Sorry, I know this is no joking matter, but we are supposed to support each other on this board. Try being a little less harsh please.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:19 AM   #21
Veteran
(male)

scotty12 HB User

i think that shore,who suffered for many years before being offered pain, meds has good reason to take offense.depression is something that most if not all of us who live with pain each and every day have to deal with as well as the pain.

so when those of us who have had to jump through hoops,put up with every other bs treatment such as spinal injections,anti seizure meds,tca anti d',biofeedback/relaxation technics and seking real help from many dr's when we know there are pain meds that will give us some relief and ease the suffering but are not offered,its understandable that getting rx'd pain meds for depression and not to ease suffering causes some bitterness.

im depressed from living with pain too and i suffered greatly and unneccesarily for months,not able to work or even play with my kids.i just stayed in bed and held my breath hoping id wake up tomorrow and be able to breath and function.if pain meds were not misused we would have a much easier time getting proper treatment.

when in pain ,the meds we take offer relief not euphoria.when not in pain there is absolutely no reason for some quack dr to offer pain meds.
over 4 million people in this country are taking pain meds for reasons other than pain.that is something that hurts those in physical pain.if these meds were not so misused our drs wouldnt have to think twice to ease our physical suffering.the DEA is looking for a reason to prosecute drs who legitimately write class 2 scripts for pain so dr's such as this one will be caught and the publicity of drs being prosecuted makes it that much harder to get proper treatment from real pain drs

and i agree that dependance is a huge price to pay but beats suffering with pain.when mo cannot get his meds because this dr loses her liscence to rx he not only will experience horrible w/ds but big time depression that he has never experienced before.

dont kid yourself that another dr is going to continue this absurd philosophy of pain meds for depression.it will not happen and you are setting yourself up for a big turn for the worse.

QUOTE:"Obviously you must not suffer from depression cause you dont know what it feels like to want to crawl into a box and not talk to anyone or do anything all day or even week. And yes I am a man and I am emotional about my anxiety problem cause it controls my life. Not wanting to go to social events and do other things can cause a MAN to get emotional after a while."from tk98fdl

HEY TK.........some of us cannot attend social events because we cant sit or stand for more than 30 minutes.pain meds is the last think you need to help anxiety.pain meds are just what the name implies..for pain...physical pain not emotional pain
ive yet to make it through a social event yet due to pain building from the time i sit down.so dont imply that we dont have a clue what its like to live with depression or anxiety.it comes with the territory.
scott

Last edited by scotty12; 05-06-2004 at 05:32 AM. Reason: adding

Old 05-06-2004, 06:07 AM   #22

tk98fdl HB User

Scotty12 just to let you know that I too suffer from chronic back pain. and yes I do know what its like to go to social events and not be able to stand for more than 30 minutes. I do know how it feels to only get 3 hours of sleep a night cause all I do is toss and turn because it hurts so bad. I do know how it feels to not be able to play sports and other things. I have spondylolythesis and have had it for about 5 years now. And yes I do know how it feels not to get pain meds for these things cause I have been living for 5 years with pain and nothing to treat it axcept the over the counter advil which I think im getting immune to. I also know that taking pain meds for a disorder like depression is illegal and unethical but if all other roads have been taken and lead to a dead end!! just help her out a little bit.

I wish everyone with chronic pain the best

I know how you feel trust me.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:31 AM   #23
Veteran
(male)

scotty12 HB User

i really dont mean to offend you but helping out by supporting the use of pain meds for depression?it will hurt in the long run.anxiety will be an issue with opiate dependence so eventually as the last dose wears off anxiety and depression will get worse,unless you have an endless supply of meds.what about tolerence?this dose will only help for so long before an increase is needed for the same effect.is this dr willing to do that for her dependent patient?how can she document it to cover her butt?and when she does get busted what happens to the patient.....severe depression set off by a weeks of withdrawal or maybe the w/ds are bad enough to hit the street looking for a fix.
you suffer with pain everyday and have been denied meds,how does that make you feel?
dont think that the problem with misused analgesics doesnt effect you or others with untreated physical pain?so those who are depressed and feel better after getting their meds deserve pain meds and you or others with severe physical pain have to suffer. people in pain feel the effects differently from analgesics.it is a fact.taking pain meds for emotionall distress is going to make life alot harder in the long run for this person.

im not lookin for a fight,i am trying to help.eventually it will be to late and the meds will do nothing for anxiety and depression.they will just stop her/him from getting physically sick and becoming an emotionall mess

i just dont get it............................scott

Last edited by scotty12; 05-06-2004 at 06:36 AM.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #24

marich101 HB User

MY >>>>>>>>>>MY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MY
Leave you kids alone for a minute and look at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!Opioids are not effective treatment for depression, I think the point has been well made here. moz just consider yourself lucky that you found such an ENLIGHTENED Doctor to treat your depression and do keep us posted on your outcome. I will be most curious to see what you do when something happens to this Doctor 'cause I'll bet you don't find another one as easily.

My Best To You and Yours

Old 05-06-2004, 12:29 PM   #25

tk98fdl HB User

Scotty, I agree with you that in the long run its probably not the right thing to deal with depression.

As far as me not getting any meds its kind of my fault also. Im not one for doctors. In fact im kind of affraid of them so I really dont fill my doctor in on how bad the pain really is. I guess I dont force the issue. I have a friend that had back surgery and she tells me stories of long needles and more pain and not to mention her surgery didnt work and they want to do it again. I dont know how your doctor is but my doctor has a tendency to take things to the extreme. If I complain about my back the next thing I know Ill will be on the x-ray table then CAT scan, then Bone scan, then physical therapy and etc...... All of which I have been through already and none of which has worked. I hope you dont mind me asking but is doctor as gune-hoe for stuff like that or is mine just like that. I dont know I guess I will just say it "IM A COWARD"

Old 05-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #26
Veteran
(male)

scotty12 HB User

tk,
i consider myself lucky.sure i went through alot of non narcotic meds and a series of 3 epidural injections.
i was taking vicodin which was not helping much and one day during my monthly visit my pain dr asked about the relief the meds offered and i replied that they were not working well.he asked "are you in alot of pain now?" and i just broke down in tears.holding it in for many months,not complaining about the pain,trying to earn whatever i could to support my family,just exploded in an emotional instant.i had no idea to ask for stronger meds.from that night on i got some quality of life back.
my pain dr asked why didnt i tell him the pain was so bad,but i really thought that if the meds werent working well that was that.
we both realize that a 2 or 3 level fusion is the only other choice.
these days i still go for p/t,and accupuncture but ill never forget the level of pain i endured those first few months.to this day i have a hard time talking about it.i get very emotional.i see a psychcologist who compares it to post traumatic stress syndrome.every now and then i go through a period of elevated pain and get depressed but i no longer feel hopeless.i know there are drugs that will help and have a compassionate dr who agrees and doesnt ask me to get more injections as they didnt help much in the past...............scott

Old 05-06-2004, 01:28 PM   #27

tk98fdl HB User

Scott,
Im glad you brought up the depression thing. I also take zoloft for depression and anxiety. Since Ive been on this website people have said that they have depression with back pain. After hearing that, it has dawned on me that maybe my depression is connected to my back pain. Do you believe that this is possible?

Old 05-07-2004, 06:28 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Moz, i am going to tell you this because i do not think that you realize just what you are getting yourself into here.Your words really scare me.many years ago, I ended up seeking treatment for an addiction to hydro.This is not something that I am very proud of,and i don't usually bring up to other people, but you are headed for big trouble,you just haven't gotten there yet,but you will if you continue this rather bizarre form of treatment for your depression.

after sitting back and anylizing the reasons that i became addicted to this drug,the biggest reason was to self medicate a really bad depression.I was a new mom feeling rather scared and uncomfortable with all these new responsibilities,and according to my Dr, was also suffering from post partum depression.(we discovered this "after the fact")

I was first given the hydro for very legitimate pain that i was having,and one of the effects of this drug is this rather amazing energizing quality.My god, i turned into super mom!! I could do anything and everything.I felt the best i had in years.My outlook was no longer bleak,i could have taken on the world.Well, my world came crashing down around my ears when my reason for needing the drug in the first place was no longer there and my Doc stopped rxing it for me.my god, the depression was back only much worse than it was before, I was suffering badly in every aspect of my life.i was no longer supermom.And I couldn't do anything.It was absolute hell.and I had created it all by myself.i ended up dr shopping and doing really stupid stuff just trying to get ahold of this "magic drug"I kept telling myself that I really needed this drug to help with my depression, instead of going to my doc,coming clean and getting the help that I so badly needed.

Hydrocodone is the most abused drug in america today,and you can see why as you are taking this for all the wrong reasons because it makes you "feel" great,dosen't it?This such a sneaky little drug and addiction.one day you are just taking it and the next ,you are an addict.it is that quick,trust me, i know.

If you want further proof of this, i invite you to take a stroll up to the addiction board and you will see literally hundreds of posts on that board about all of these people becomming addicted to hydro.It is actually the most talked about drug on that board.what does that tell you?

you really need to take a very hard look at your situation here and just what in the hell you are getting yourself into.And what you will do if something happens to this dr and you no longer have that easy access to the drug.i guarentee you, you will go into a major panic just trying to get ahold of the drug again.Just like i did.i am not a weak person.i had always considered myself a very strong and independant woman.Well, this drug just totally kicked my ***!I didn't plan this Moz, it just happened.like i said, this drug is just plain sneaky.you may think that well, i have control over things,and this will never happen to me.probably every person who has become addicted to pain meds has said that same thing.it just happens,plain and simple.

i am also facing alot more pain as i now have some very very legitimate reasons to take some very strong pain meds now, I am in constant debilitating pain 24/7.it never goes away and i am suffering horribly from it(is this some sort of payback from god?I don't know, but sometimes i feel like I am living in hell)and now, i don't know if was from all the years of the abuse, but the narcotics just don't work well for me.

i just don't want to see you end up with more than you can handle here.addiction will happen before you know it,and then what will you do.you really need to sit down with your doc and find the proper way to treat your depression cuz the hydro will only end up hurtin you in the end,I can almost guarentee it.you like the way it makes you feel moz, THAT is the first step to addiction.don't you see that?that warm fuzzy feeling is what makes people want to keep using more and more of this stuff just to try and keep that 'feeling".I really am scared for you as you are setting yourself up for one great big fall one day soon.if your Dr is rxing these types of drugs to other people,without a legitimate reason, she WILL get caught,it is just a matter of time.The DEA is cracking down on all drs for rxing improperly.I am sure it wont be long before she comes up for review.You really need to think long and hard about this.and please, just take a look up on the addiction board.you will see what I am talking about.Things aren't pretty up there.

Take care moz,i wasn't trying to make you angry or anything here.This truely came from my heart as I just don't want to see someone else go through what i had to.it wasn't pretty.Good luck, Marcia

Closed Thread