It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #1

Angel a falling HB User
Question Shoreline-Where can I get some solid, advanced medical info on different pain meds?

Hi Shoreline.

I was just wondering where I can get some solid info on pain meds including the different receptors each med hits and the names of the receptors, etc. I'd like to read up on as much info as possible regarding pain meds so I sound compotent when I see my next doctor. Books, websites, anything. I thank you for all the information you gave me on my previous post. I just want to get real detailed, advanced info to study up on. The more the better.

Thanks again,

a rising

Old 06-06-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: Shoreline-Where can I get some solid, advanced medical info on different pain meds?

hey angel, aside from pdr, i have slowly built a data base of all the cp medication manufacturers, the home page for each web site can be found by going through the thread about help in finding low cost or free med programs. [url]www.needymeds.com[/url]
has a pretty complete list of every manufacturer and links to their web sites. every manufacturer has an our products page. you need adobe for most but once you have a list of all the web sites you can see the full prescibing info for each medication under the heading 'our products.'
you want the makers of the meds or opiates used, companies like , watson,endo,purdue,jansen,aaipharm,ligan d,mylan teva,roxane,mellenkrodt all have their wn site where you can access the ful prescribing info.

there is a comrehensive listing of north american drug manufacturer's at [url]www.medibix.com/CompanySearch[/url]

'drug info net isn't bad, [url]http://www.druginfonet.com/index.php?pageID=manufacturers.htm[/url]

the pdr is a great souce but expesive to purchase on line access, buying the actual book would mean buying one ever year to catch the newest meds.

if you go to the fda orange book and do a querry on a specific drug like morphine, the orange book will tell you every manufacturer that has a registered/aproved product. then you search for that manufacturers web site and the our products page for the full prescribing info.

[url]www.opioids.com/refs/index[/url] has alot of info, including trial studies, molecular formula, etc.

bottom line is, if you know the manufacturer you can find there site and a listing of their products with the full prescibing info, the info submitted to the fda when requesting aproval.

centerwatch is a web site and listing of every clinical trial in the country
this will get you started. take care, dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #3

khoff HB User
Re: Shoreline-Where can I get some solid, advanced medical info on different pain meds?

Angel -

Here is an excellent article I read on the very same subject. Hope this can be of help!

http://www.hosppract.com/issues/2000/07/brook.htm - First Part

http://www.hosppract.com/issues/2000/09/brook.htm - Second Part

Shore -

Hope your feeling better! I am leaving in a couple hours for Charlottesville, Va.
Think I already found a pain doc there. He seemed very ammendable on the phone. I will meet him tommorrow. Take care.

- Ken

Old 06-07-2004, 07:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Hey Ken, Hope you enjoy you trip, IF you don't mind, could you ask the PM doc in Charlottesville if he does pump managemnt too? I know how to find a list of docs in that area so it's not a big deal if he does or doesn't, Dr brookoffs articles are great and I know a couple people that see him at UT that couldn't be happier.
take care Dave.

Closed Thread