It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #1

flanm01 HB User
spinal cord stimulator and dorsal column stimulator removal

My mother needs to have hers taken out so she can get an MRI. It has not helped her in years anyway. Most of her pain is MS related. Lower back pain. Muscle spasms in leg. Has anyone had theirs taken out and I was wondering if you could tell me about your experience. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kayley HB User
Re: spinal cord stimulator and dorsal column stimulator removal

I had mine taken out but I still have the lead in so I still can't have MRI's. You see, a neurosurgeon put it in and a pain management doctor took it out and he didn't tell me before hand that he wouldn't be able to take the whole thing out. He told me I had to go to a neurosurgeon if I want the lead out. It's a paddle type lead and he told me since he didn't know how it was put in he couldn't take it out. I don't want to go through another surgery at this time because I don't want me trapezes muscle cut into yet again. Anyway, having it taken out was definately easier than having it put in. The doctor told me it's always easier to take things out than to put them in, so your mom should do just fine
Kayley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
(male)

Generalsfans HB User
Wink Re: spinal cord stimulator and dorsal column stimulator removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanm01 View Post
My mother needs to have hers taken out so she can get an MRI. It has not helped her in years anyway. Most of her pain is MS related. Lower back pain. Muscle spasms in leg. Has anyone had theirs taken out and I was wondering if you could tell me about your experience. Thanks.
Yes I had 2 removed it's really Not that bad of a surgery haven it out your completely out for it the surgery it's self takes an hour tell your mom not to worry,she will hurt a little afterwards for a couple days god bless you'll be fine no worries.

Dave

Closed Thread