It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 02:11 PM   #1

khoff HB User
Generic Oxycodone - patient assistance ?

Does anyone know who makes generic oxycodone and if they have a patient assistance program ?

Ken

Old 10-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User
Re: Generic Oxycodone - patient assistance ?

Hi Ken...
Endo is one of the drug companies that make a generic Oxycodone. I don't know if they offer patient assistance, but you can research them by going to http://www.endo.com/. That should tell you what you're looking for as far as assistance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User

Ken...Here's a list of Endo products from their website. You'll have to log on and probably contact them to find out about their assistance program.

Patients - All Products
This product information is intended for U.S. residents only. You should not construe anything on this site as a promotion or solicitation for any product or for the use of any product outside the United States.

For more information on Endo products, click on the links below to View each product package insert.

Pain Management Products

Percocet® 2.5/325 mg tablets CII

Percocet® 5/325 mg tablets CII

Percocet® 7.5/325 mg tablets CII

Percocet® 10/325 mg tablets CII

Percocet® 7.5/500 mg tablets CII

Percocet® 10/650 mg tablets CII

Percodan® tablets CII

Lidoderm® patch

Narcan® injectable

Nubain® injectable

Numorphan® injectable & suppository CII

Zydone® tablets CIII

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

Other Products

Hycodan® tablets and syrup CIII

Hycomine® Compound tablets CIII

Hycotuss® expectorant syrup CIII

Moban® tablets

Symmetrel® tablets and syrup
View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

Endo Generics – Pain Management Products

Endocet® 5/325 mg tablets CII, USP

Endocet® 7.5/325 mg tablets CII, USP

Endocet® 10/325 mg tablets CII, USP

Endocet® 7.5/500 mg tablets CII, USP

Endocet® 10/650 mg tablets CII, USP

Endodan® tablets CII, USP

Hydromorphone HCl tablets CII, USP

Morphine Sulfate ER tablets CII
View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

View package insert PDF

Endo Generics – Other Products

Carbidopa / Levodopa tablets, USP

View package insert PDF

Last edited by RetiredDirector; 10-04-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Old 10-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Hey Ken, Generic OxyContin is presently being Marketed by TEVA, at the end of the first 6 months of exclusive marketing that Endo sold to Teva, Endo will begin marketing their Oxy CR or SR. Selling first rights of production to TEVA was Endo's way to recoup their legal expenses after a long fight with Purdue.

As far as plain oxycodone or Roxicodone, Name brand is made by AAI pharma
generic by Mallinckrodt pharma
and Amide pharma
The needy meds web site can give you contact info and some list the retrictions, household income, lack of script insurance etc. The link to needy meds is at the top of the page in the post for patients needing assistance with their meds.
Good luck.

PS. I starting using the Amide pharma 30mg tablets on friday, Compaction rate, duration and strength seems fine and pill splitters don't crush the tiny tablets. Perfect cut everytime, as long as the blade stays sharp.
Hope this helped, Dave

Last edited by Shoreline; 10-03-2004 at 06:30 AM.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:24 AM   #5
(male)

wastefulltick HB User

hi dave
as you know i moved to raleigh nc and was looking for a pm dr here well i had to change my pcp up here and get everthing changed over from bcbs fl to bcbs nc well i went to my appt and he went over all my records and films and asked what meds i was on and sent me for an mri and cat scan that my neuro in fl had requested i went and had them done and i went back to dr today and got bad news he said that the disc in c67 is pinching the spinal cord and that i need to see a neurosurguon rite away i cant believe it this sucks i knew something was wrong ive been in worse pain since that surgury and have been having episodes of paralysis the last 1 lasting 20 mins told the neuro in fl bout them but he brushed it off and said it was part of the healing process then on my last visit when i went to fl to get all my records he did some reflex test and said i needed a mri and cat scan oh btw i told my new pcp that i was going to run out of my meds in 5 days he wrote me the scripts i was shockked i was expecting a referal to a pm i have also been taking the amide oxys and find them to b as good as roxi and also cut in half very well also i live down the road from the mallinkrodt plant wonder if its in the water lol well take care dave ill be on more now that my puter is up and running
bob

Old 10-06-2004, 08:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

HEy Bob, Sorry tohear about the cord compression, With the symptoms you really should be seen asap. It's not really a risk of being paralyzed but more of an issue of how long it will take to recover the longer it goes untreated. I've always said if there is an obvious preroblem they can pinpoint, mainly compression, stenosis etc, you have pretty good odds of a succesfully relieving the neruo paroblem. If it was simply causing pain in your neck the outcome to simply reduce pain usually aren't quite as succesful/

If your in Ralliegh you in the rsear ch triangle and have some of the betst Neuro in the the area. If I were to havbe another surgery I would travel down dram where my brother is and ee a doc at Duke or UNC chappel hill.
know it's rough fdacing surgery and the waiting game between diagnostics and decisions. Didrthey say the compressionis ocuring into the thecal sac or actually impinging the dspinal cord. You do have a lot of choices. At that level They can do a bone on bone fsfuion ehwhere they simply cean up and totally remve the discs.

The evertabrea are small so the loss of a couple mm doesn't usually cause stretching of berve roots stenosis or other impingments. This is how they fid my dads cervical fusion,which is just one of the emthods of cervical fusion. They move the trachia and vocal cords aside to reach the disc, They roughen the bones and can allow bone to rest on bone and the pressure created by the weight of your head is enough to cause the bones to fuse, They also have bio material they can add to help in bone growgh to the area they want fused. I say fused because the discs are so small that removing them seem to be the better eway to go.

THere are ceratainly other methods to treat the same probems, articficial dics, discectomes and articificaial nucleas, some things I hadn;t seen befor or the standard donar bone and cages or screww in rods. to hold things in lace as the fusion grows. Igf your a smoker, you have to stop, It pretty much cuts the odds in half if yu find a surgeon that will use a smoker. But with *****vious problem and the possib;e negative consequences things should move a little faster. many surgeons say they want you smoke free for 3 months. It actually atkeas about 48 hours for nicotine to clear from your system, but I guess the 3 month thing is to prove you have quit and won't start right back up after you get home./ Hard as it is, and I hopefully smoked my last cigerreste last nigh I undertsnad wha a problem it can be. But if somethings go wrong, yo don't want o look back and say I wish I had quit smoking, asuming your smoker.LOL

Nsaids also inhiut bone fusion but I'm sure tyopur suregeon will go obver what he thinks the best ways to prepair for surgery are.

I actually did 2 months of PT prior to may last fusion so I went in as strong and as strong as posssibl;e and hopeing for the best outcome. Quiting while in the hopital is easy, It's once you get home, stuck ina neck brace with little to do sis when the cravings seem to hit. But the good news is I do know folks that have had succcesfull cervicle fusions.

Sorry abou tht ebad news bt maybe it's a good thing and willprvide more relief than some pill can when you have an obvious physiclological problem that can be corrected.
Take care and keep us posted. Hound the docs anmd MR facilyrty to speed things up, get on the cancelation list and hopefully you won't have to make any drastic med changes pre op that would make it harder for a surgen to manage posot op pain.

My dad recovered qute quickly and with all 3 surgeries I woke with the radiclulopothy,foot drop and los of reflexes were noticed imedietel althugh my back hurt like a mother. Imedieate relif is certainly better than the long road of PM management.

I hadn't heard of Amide before but they do seem to make a very equal product whe it comes to generic Roxi. I'm hesitiant to try any Mallinckrodt pharma product. The last time I went through withrawal from metrhadose I called and wrote the FDA, they forwarded my complaint to mallinckrodt and there response was we follow the highest standards in all our phamcuetical lines. However it didn't eacactly put my mind at ease to know the FDA just turns the complaints over to themanufactuer to police itself. Kinda like the police, policing themselves. The obvious need for a seperate and impartion nvestigation is obvious in the police scenario, why it wouldn't be protocal in the FDA process is beyond me.

Good luck and hopefully you will find a great doc at duke or UNc and have a great outcome and fast recovery.
Take care and keep us posted. Dave

Old 10-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #7
(male)

wastefulltick HB User

hi dave i got my appt with neurosurgueon at duke i did have acdf on c56 and c67 on may 6 2004 and have been in worse pain than before and i did not think i could be in any worse pain than i was boy was i wrong now after the surgury the left side of my face went numb and i have a headache like pain in the back of my neck and my neck and collarbone hurt 24 7 i went away to asheville nc to visit so old friends last week and after the car ride i was in agony all that day and night it was only a 4 hour car ride it seemed like every time my wife hit a bump i would get shooting shock like pain down my neck and arms after being there a couple of days i aactually had 1 day with no pain i was so thankfull i wonder it it was the altitude and the hi pressure system and low humidity ? we came back yesterday and again im back in bad pain all last nite couldnt sleep and was in pain all day today so i stayed in my recliner and alternated hot and cold packs on my neck i finally am feeling better now with pain back down to a 4 on meds just got my prescrition yesterday after waiting a week take god dr in fla gave me 2 week supply in case of an emergency during the move and finding a new doc i went to pick it up and they said they only had 3/4 of the meds and they would not give me the rest later so i refused to pick them up untill he could get the rest or call the dr to write another script he then called me late that nite and said he found a bottle with more meds in it and he could fill the script how strange i almost think he was hoping id take what he gave me so he could keep the rest im going to email the drug store chains main office to relay my experience and the late night phone call as it was after the store was closed they gave me malli oxy ir 15 mgs they dont work as good as the amide or roxi take care dave ill let u know how appt goes
bob

Closed Thread