It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2004, 08:55 PM   #1
(male)

bwoolnough HB User
nerve pain

have had severe abdominal pain once every 2 weeks or so since a hystorectomy 13 years ago.they removed the overies 4 years ago thinking the cyst on them was the cause of the pain,but it wasn't.the diagnoses has been from adhesians to neuralgia.after scans,ultrasounds,xrays and numerous tests no one can really say what it is.it is a life destroying pain when it is on.

Last edited by bwoolnough; 12-11-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 05:59 AM   #2
(female)

chriztene HB User
Re: nerve pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoolnough
have had severe abdominal pain once every 2 weeks or so since a hystorectomy 13 years ago.they removed the overies 4 years ago thinking the cyst on them was the cause of the pain,but it wasn't.the diagnoses has been from adhesians to neuralgia.after scans,ultrasounds,xrays and numerous tests no one can really say what it is.it is a life destroying pain when it is on.
My heart really goes out to you as it sounds like you may have adhesions. My advice is to locate a really good OBGYN and make an appointment with him/her and explain your pain and inform them of your prior adhesion diagnosis.

[ removed ] I truly hope you are able to find a dr. who is experienced with adhesions and the damage, destruction and the debilitating pain they can cause to help you...It doesnt hurt to pray continually as I have found great comfort in prayer<3.

God Bless You,

Last edited by moderator2; 12-16-2004 at 04:36 PM. Reason: if a website is not allowed then please do not post any kind of information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

surgicaldisaster HB User
Re: desparate for some relief

Hi there! I suffer from chronic pelvic pain due to adhesions. They know this due to many surgeries where they were able to see how loaded I was with them....of course they came back with a vengeance each time and continue to get worse. I would suggest if you have not gotten a diagnosis to see a good ob/gyn as was reccomended to you already. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this, and surgery only makes things worse(I can attest to that!!!). If I can answer any questions, please let me know and I hope you are doing o.k. Please keep us up to date...Love, Surgical Disaster

Old 12-17-2004, 04:03 PM   #4
(male)

bwoolnough HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgicaldisaster
Hi there! I suffer from chronic pelvic pain due to adhesions. They know this due to many surgeries where they were able to see how loaded I was with them....of course they came back with a vengeance each time and continue to get worse. I would suggest if you have not gotten a diagnosis to see a good ob/gyn as was reccomended to you already. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this, and surgery only makes things worse(I can attest to that!!!). If I can answer any questions, please let me know and I hope you are doing o.k. Please keep us up to date...Love, Surgical Disaster

Old 12-17-2004, 04:05 PM   #5
(male)

bwoolnough HB User

i actually posted this for my wife as she doesn't know much about computers.what do you find is the most effective pain relief.thanks for your reply.

Old 12-18-2004, 05:06 AM   #6
(male)

bwoolnough HB User

i'm new to boards,i'm still working it out.thanks for your reply.do you have any alternate pain relief for the adhesians.

Closed Thread