It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

deana p HB User
hey dawn 1234

did you get ahold of the PM I told you about and if so how did it go ?

Old 01-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
(female)

dawn1234 HB User
Re: hey dawn 1234

Hey,
Sorry I haven't written back. I talked to my GP about going to the PM doc. She basically thinks I am too young and that I should wait and see how I feel after finishing the antibotics for lyme. She says people usually feel worse shortly after starting therapy than they did in the beginning. I don't know. I didn't feel like pressing her, because, mainly from what I've read, I guess they won't consider someone like me for the stronger stuff because of my age. I'm looking for a doc now who knows a lot about lyme disease. The more I research it and compare it to FM and arthritis, really all my symptoms point to chronic lyme infection. I've looked back at my med. records and even the doctor I went to at the time for the original bite described it as a bull-eye rash. I don't know why he didn't prescribe anti-botics for me at the time. I mean, a person doesn't go to a doctor about a bug-bite unless it is really bad, right?? Sorry. I guess I am just really scared to push going to the PM doctor because that means it is chronic and maybe I won't get better. It makes me upset to think about it too much.

Somedays I think, I don't care about addiction, I want real pain med., not tylenol and ibprofen and muscle relaxers. I used to smoke cigarettes, I know what addiction feels like, I know it sucks, and I also know when it is time, you CAN quit. I am tired of feeling like I am a bad person just because the medical profession can't figure out for sure what is wrong with my body. I have 2 college degrees, I was working on a third. I even considered taking a few extra science classes, so I could apply to medical school to figure out what is wrong with me myself. I used to be in the top of my class. But then other days, like today, I just feel depressed. I don't know. Maybe it is the lyme, maybe it is affecting my brain. I guess in the past people used to end up in mental hospitals because of it.

Thanks again for sharing your information. I promised my GP that I'd wait a few more weeks. It is very comforting to know that he is out there, though, and if I have to, he will help.

Dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 06:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Have you consulted a good rheumatologist for treatment?they deal with lyme disease problems and are quite knowledgeable.Just a thought.Marcia

Old 01-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
(female)

dawn1234 HB User

I've got an appointment scheduled with one that's associated with the doctor that did my ca***l tunnel release. Unfortunately it is not until Feb. I haven't heard much about him, his name is Dr. Romea. I know his predecessor, Dr. Codding, was recommended, esp. for fibromyalgia, so I have good hopes about him. I've also got an appointment with the TMJ "craniofacial pain" people (what exactly that includes I don't know) but that is this Wednesday. I actually came on the board today to figure out what pain med I should maybe suggest trying. The soma+tylenol+ibprofen combo relieves the pain from a level 10 to a 3, but it is tearing up my stomach. I can't keep on this combination. I have been on hydrocodone/APAP stuff before, they work to a certain degree, but I don't exactly like the "brain fuzziness" or whatever it is, nor the grumpiness. Would the next level up from hydro be oxycontin? I'm a little scared of that just from all the mis-information out there. Oh, and I'm still taking the Doxy (antibotic). just waiting for something to work. I'll keep you posted.

Dawn

Closed Thread