It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

durasick05 HB User
Post Duragesic (fentanyl patch) and weight loss HELP PLEASE DESPERATE

Has anyone ever heard of a person losing a significant amount of weight while being on the duragesic patch? My hubby has lost 30 pounds and they are trying to figure out what it is... we are desperate for answers!! Thanks for your help!
E and A

Last edited by durasick05; 01-18-2005 at 10:18 PM.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ltedeschi HB User
Re: Duragesic (fentanyl patch) and weight loss

I am on the 50 mg and no weight loss here. Although I would welcome it LOL
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
(male)

contractorman35 HB User
Re: Duragesic (fentanyl patch) and weight loss HELP PLEASE DESPERATE

Well I am on the 50ug/h and have lost about 50 pounds. I have had two back surgeries and before the surgeries was given the steroid injections which I blamed for my weight gain. I started out around 190lbs and beefed up to 245lbs because I went from working hard all day to doing nothing and still keeping my appitite. I was unable to do any physical activities for the last 3 years. I noticed after I got on the patch which it did make me nausous <forgive spelling> at first and when the pain got worse I tried to go to the 75ug/h it only made me sicker. I am now back on the 50ug/h and now I am back to under 200 lbs. Its good that I lost the weight because of my back but it does trouble me if I keep on losing the weight if you know what I mean? I know several of the people I tell this too whom think they too are overweight want the patch..lol I only eat once and on rare occasion two times a day. Because of my lack of physical activity I feel that is enough but I have begun an aquatic theropy and I'm hoping that will build back up allot of the muscle I have lost in the last 3 years and build my appitite for my wife's delicious cooking

Old 02-15-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
(female)

kds01 HB User

Hello- I am on the 25mcg patch and have lost some weight, not that significant though. I have however, been having weird feelings, almost like panic attacks. I have only lost about 8 pounds, but I have only been on it for a couple of months. I am seeing my Doc on Friday to discuss an alternative to this medication, even though it helps the pain, I do not like the way I feel. Kimberly

Old 02-16-2005, 01:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Hi.

You know I have noticed that my appetite has decreased since being ont the Duragesic patch. Probably cuz my insurance co pay is so stinkin' high, I can' afford food any longer! LOL

No really, I'm never really hungry. Hmmm... I don't know what I weigh cuz I do NOT own a scale! When I was working I was a size 10 at 5'7" and like you all, because of the inactivity ( I was a waitress ) the anti-D's and steroid injections, I zipped through a size 12 right to a 14. I hadn't been that size since I can remember. Highschool I think. I'm big framed anyway, so I carry a lot of weight. A good weight for me is about 150lbs and I can fit into junior size clothing at that weight. Ah....memories!

But I really think that the amount of Fentynal causes you to not feel hungry, hence the nausea so many of us have on it.

Good post everyone!

tk

Old 02-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi.

You know I have noticed that my appetite has decreased since being ont the Duragesic patch. Probably cuz my insurance co pay is so stinkin' high, I can' afford food any longer! LOL

No really, I'm never really hungry. Hmmm... I don't know what I weigh cuz I do NOT own a scale! When I was working I was a size 10 at 5'7" and like you all, because of the inactivity ( I was a waitress ) the anti-D's and steroid injections, I zipped through a size 12 right to a 14. I hadn't been that size since I can remember. Highschool I think. I'm big framed anyway, so I carry a lot of weight. A good weight for me is about 150lbs and I can fit into junior size clothing at that weight. Ah....memories!

But I really think that the amount of Fentynal causes you to not feel hungry, hence the nausea so many of us have on it.

Good topic.
tk

Old 02-16-2005, 01:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I think I posted twice. Sorry guys!

TWINS!

Old 02-16-2005, 10:36 AM   #8
(female)

tamiloo HB User

My DH is using a 150mg patch. He has used the patch for over a year and a half he has MS. He has lost a significant amount of weight. He usually only wants to eat once a day. He is asleep most of the day so he doesn’t think he needs eat more than once. However, he is also getting very weak, no energy. He says that it has nothing to do with not eating…he is putting the weakness under that great big MS umbrella…silly guy.

The following user gives a hug of support to tamiloo:
Pegala (04-25-2011)
Closed Thread