It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

surgicaldisaster HB User
Twisten...checking in to let ya know...

I figured I would start another thread to let ya know since you were nice enough to ask if all is ok. I have been working a lot lately and so have not been able to get on the boards much and also just lost my grandmother, so a lot has been happening! I have been having a terrible time with my back lately and don;t know what is going on. My CP problem has always been chronic pelvic pain due to adhesions and endometriosis, but my lower left back area is so bad lately i think I will have to go for an MRI. Do you have any idea what a disc problem feels like(sorry can't remember everyones CP difficulties!)? It hurts so bad...my heating pad is getting a work out...it hurts all the time and especially if I turn or move the "wrong" way. It is also starting to hurt down my left butt area. It seemed to get better for a little bit and now it's worse than ever. This has been going on for about 4-5 mos. This morning I could hardly move until my meds kicked in. I see my PM Dr. on the 10th and will ask him to order an MRI, cuz I really feel this is NOT a muscle. Anyway...how are you doing? Sorry I have not been around too much but I really do still care about each and every one of you!!! Oh, and it also hurts to sit...kinda radiates up the spine but not all the way up....take care, and please post back! Thanks for asking about me! Love, Surg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

misery HB User
Re: Twisten...checking in to let ya know...

Good morning Surg,I'm so sorry to hear that you are having problems!
I'm also very sorry to hear about your grandmother.Nothing compares to losing family,you have my deepest sympathy.
Please have the mri done it does sound like disk pain it can be so sharp,burning or stabbing.It's awful it starts taking over everything.I do hope that this is not the case for you.Yes, you can def,tell the diff, between disk pain and muscle.
We are here for you when you need us and have the time.Take care.Hugs.Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

Hey surg, sorry to hear about your grandma. My grandma isn't doing so great either so it feels like we're just kind of waiting for her to pass on too. I lost my other grandma and both grandpas a long time ago. They all had types of cancers.

Sorry to hear that your pain is increasing, I know what that's like. It seems like every time I turn around something else goes wrong. I honestly don't know what disc pain is like as my problems don't relate to my discs. I hope they find out right away for you though. I haven't been taking any of my pain meds for a few days because I want to see how bad things will get. Surprisingly I really don't have any withdrawal. I've been on them I think close to 3 years so you'd think I would but so far so good. The last one I took was Wednesday morning. I'm starting to have trouble moving around though so I think I'm going to have to cave in and take one before long. I'm going to go as long as I can without though. Glad to hear back from you as I was wondering where you went!!

Old 03-03-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

surgicaldisaster HB User

Thank you both for your caring replies! I would never leave this board..you are all too wonderful to give up! I know I can always count on all of you and you all really understand. I really think I may have a disc problem...but not sure...am going to ask my pm Doc for an MRI when i see him on the 10th. It is pretty bad and has been going on for a while. Just stinks when I already have the chronic pelvic pain which makes me scared as to how to handle this on top of it all. Thank God, the meds do help, but it's not a good situation for sure. Anyway, I will keep you posted, and thanks again for your caring...it really does mean so much to me! Love to ya, Surg

Old 03-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

surgicaldisaster HB User

Oh, and Twisten...I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma...not ever an easy thing no matter how good and long a life they may have had it is still a loss that is hard to deal with, especially when you know they are kinda waiting for it to happen which is what happened with my Grandma. So, my empathy is with you....hang in there k? Love, Surg

Old 03-05-2005, 08:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

Thanks for the words of support on my grandma. Of course it will be hard when she goes but she really doesn't have much quality of life anymore. She had a few really bad strokes a year or so ago and we didn't think she'd pull through but she did. I hope I have 1/4 the strength and will that lady has.

Closed Thread