It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User
Going for broke tomorrow!

Hi everyone
I have a long hx of lumbar surgeries and am waiting for the SCS trial (still ) And on 2/18 had another cervical MRI done because I just could not take the neck, scapula and shoulder pain anymore. Anyway my neck is pretty messed up too. All of this at 34,but now i am tired. Well I will go for the numerous injection tomorrow, but both cervical and lumbar together in hopes to get some relief. I have HIGH anxiety.. the last neck injection made things worse and I decided to have this certain doc do it cause he is in charge of the whole PM group and knows my hx. The girl calls today and says "no pain meds til after the injections from here on" yeah right, is she going to come over and turn me q 2hr LOL I take an assortment of meds the only strong one is Norco and I take 2-3 a day , but lately that only lasts for a very short time. I am praying please..please give me some relief. I have been doing THIS for too long and i can't keep it up day after day , it is wearing me down. I hope I do not fall apart while I am there tomorrow, but it could happen
Anyway going for the double whammy at once...........Hope it works. I am sick of pain.
shelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SheSparkles HB User
Re: Going for broke tomorrow!

Oh dear,
I am not a fan of ESIs etc. so I will hope you get good injections. Please let us know as the chickens in the group(me) will be very curious. I have never had a spinal injection and think I will keep it that way. But we do what we must do.
Sparkles

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

I am not a fan either,
I have never had any relief. But I WILL be a good patient and do what the good doctor tells me to do. I have got to keep plugging away, I can not make it better on my own .
shelley

Old 03-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

I had the injections..............My neck hurt worse after the injection
I am so tired of this pain. i did not even get the relief of the lidocaine. i had a shred of hope that atleast the local would work for a brief bit. Why should this be any different? I HATE this. I do not know what made me think this one would be any different, but i have had a million injections.......I am done doing them, i am discouraged and sad and sick of pain everyday of my life.
Just needed to vent.
shelley

Old 03-04-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

SheSparkles HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspine
am done doing them, i am discouraged and sad and sick of pain everyday of my life.
Just needed to vent.
shelley
Shelley my dear,
Tell me because I truly don't know...why do you have these done? I don't understand and especially at the level of distress you are now. why aren't you on a more effective pain med? I am so sorry you are in pain..but no one can fix the undermedication problem but you. You must fight for your right to comfort.
Sparkles

Old 03-05-2005, 07:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

myspine HB User

Hi there
YOU are right
I see my surgeon friday to follow up from these injections and I am sure you know what my answer will be I am not a formal PM patient of the practice that is doing the injections, so maybe I just need to be one. I will tell my doc at the end of the week that I am at the end of my rope, and if I am waiting for the SCS and waiting for the decision on my neck then I need some help. I guess I am at that point , they have been rxing my meds so far but it is my fault for not saying this pain is beyond this . Thanks for listening
shelley

Closed Thread