It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

misery HB User
Good Morning Shoreline!!!!!

I see that you are on so I thought I would say Hi and see how you are doing!
How are you feeling?All is well I hope!
Didn't you just have a recent dr. appt.?How did that go.
Hoping all is well with you and your's.Have a great day!
Hugs,Heather

Old 03-05-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: Good Morning Shoreline!!!!!

Hi Heather, Thanks for asking. TK also asked a few days ago and my response is lost in cyber space.

The NS I saw seems pretty confident he can "fix" me. I don't know about that but a a simple lube and tire rotatation would satisfy me. LOL

I have an apt for CT on thursday to look for fractures in the pedicles around the screws to see if there is a possible shearing problem at other levels to be concerned with. I would also like to get abetter look at thhe onewere most worried abut. There is only one screw in L% and the screws in S! just hang in large wholes so that one screw is taking a huge geating and the bone that sourounds it.

After the CT I follow up with the NS the following week. I'm not in a rush for a complete rebuild but if he can convnce me the lube and rotation are necesarry I would honestly consider it. I would allso consider a brace to use PRN. It takes some time for the reality of things to sink in. I was pretty upset ater mmy PM doc verified the spondy was more than just my normal crunchy mucnhies. But after weeks of increased excercises to satbaliz the core muscles when I stand and walk I have been able to redcuce the noraml amount of crucnhng and shifting.

YOu really can't apply all PT techniques you have learnd in the past if they no longer suite your conditin. IE. Stretching and range of moron was very important to some PT's and I even gaged my own success on range of motion and ability to stretch. It was a lousy gage but after so many different PT's and having leraned so many different methods, now I focus on core stabilization and no range of motion. Regardless of your problem, doing nothing will do just that. So if stretching or walking or specfic excercises can help, I'll do it, and hopefuly see the results. Stretching was a never ending chore, I sit,my hamstrings shorten and I had to battle them daily not to loose ground. Loosing that ground is no longer my greatest concern. We all have to adapt to our own changng conditions.

I do feel beter than ever right now, bettr pain cntrol, less crunching, ect. But hopefully we will have more answers after the CT and be able to determine if more surgery is needed or the only option

Hang in there,and take care, Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
(female)

misery HB User

Hi,Dave,I'm glad to know that some P.T. is helping.I do hope that something will work out for you.
I know what you mean about the gage some pt's put on a person.I have been thru this myself and only just lately figured out that what works for alot of people won't work for me.I have also decided that I will just focus on just the core.I'm tired of torturing myself just to please pt or the docs.Especially when all of it just makes my pain worse.Since my fusion it has always been the more I do the worse it becomes.I have to admit that I kindof gave up everything this winter and I'm just getting started again.Yes,I know shame on me.I guess I was just feeling sorry for myself,and I let myself give up.I'm just so sick of the pain and meds,and my ns telling me there isn't anything eles that can be done.The worse part of this is that my xrays and ct say everything looks great.And my pain level is thru the roof.
I'm seeing a new doc,next monday and this guy doesn't take any one without a referral from a doc.Even then he looks at all your records first and then decides if he can help you. If he can't he doesn't take you as a patient.I waited 3 weeks to here from them and they finally called and gave me a appt.They give you a time and don't let you say wether or not you can make that.So I have my fingures crossed that something can be done.Even if as you say,tire rotation and lube job.
Take care Dave,I'll send up a prayer for you.Heather

Old 03-12-2005, 06:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Hey Dave,
I see you are online, and I wanted to say hey, before you log off, I know weekends are family time for you.
I'm just now reading your reply to Misery, to catch the update on your condition.

Have a good weekend, my friend.

tk

Old 03-12-2005, 07:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreline
Hi Heather, Thanks for asking. TK also asked a few days ago and my response is lost in cyber space.

The NS I saw seems pretty confident he can "fix" me. I don't know about that but a a simple lube and tire rotatation would satisfy me. LOL

I have an apt for CT on thursday to look for fractures in the pedicles around the screws to see if there is a possible shearing problem at other levels to be concerned with. I would also like to get abetter look at thhe onewere most worried abut. There is only one screw in L% and the screws in S! just hang in large wholes so that one screw is taking a huge geating and the bone that sourounds it.

After the CT I follow up with the NS the following week. I'm not in a rush for a complete rebuild but if he can convnce me the lube and rotation are necesarry I would honestly consider it. I would allso consider a brace to use PRN. It takes some time for the reality of things to sink in. I was pretty upset ater mmy PM doc verified the spondy was more than just my normal crunchy mucnhies. But after weeks of increased excercises to satbaliz the core muscles when I stand and walk I have been able to redcuce the noraml amount of crucnhng and shifting.

YOu really can't apply all PT techniques you have learnd in the past if they no longer suite your conditin. IE. Stretching and range of moron was very important to some PT's and I even gaged my own success on range of motion and ability to stretch. It was a lousy gage but after so many different PT's and having leraned so many different methods, now I focus on core stabilization and no range of motion. Regardless of your problem, doing nothing will do just that. So if stretching or walking or specfic excercises can help, I'll do it, and hopefuly see the results. Stretching was a never ending chore, I sit,my hamstrings shorten and I had to battle them daily not to loose ground. Loosing that ground is no longer my greatest concern. We all have to adapt to our own changng conditions.

I do feel beter than ever right now, bettr pain cntrol, less crunching, ect. But hopefully we will have more answers after the CT and be able to determine if more surgery is needed or the only option

Hang in there,and take care, Dave
Question for you, don't reply right away! LOL

What can I do Shore, as far as exercises. I believe I now have CMP, but I don't care if my muscles hurt when I exercise. I just do not want to gain anymore weight. I'm not used to being overweight, and I know its cuz I don't move around, and thats cuz of my back. I have very limited mobility. Walking is nearly out of the question, cuz of the hip. I have a Pilates Performer. I have a treadmill and a Hatho Yoga tape, but my back has gotten so bad I can't move to well. That's why I have chosen to finally have surgery, hoping to get some relief, if not a total fix. I doubt it though, since I've waited so long, but just to have some mobility back. I know I could then, get a better handle on my FM. Before my back got really bad, I could still go for walks, use the treadmill, go bike riding and do strenght training. Now, I'm a big marshmallow sitting in a yellow leather recliner.

Suggestions? I can't afford PT right now, if I'm going to have surgery. Cuz I know, I'll need PT after.

Thanks,
tk

Closed Thread