It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
(male)

Streetcar HB User
Smile Twisten, how are you doing?

Haven't heard from you lately about what's going on with your CP/dr issues. Just concerned (don't translate nosy, lol) about you!

Ken

Neuromas, Diverticulosus, IBS-C/P, Esophageal Spasms

Old 03-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Re: Twisten, how are you doing?

Ken I'd never think of you as being nosy lol. I'm okay. I've been around just having been posting too much lately. Nothing new on the doc front. I see her on March 4th again so I'm going to request again that she send me back to the neuro. With this trigeminal neuralgia she has diagnosed me with I see it is a symptom of MS. I've been thinking for awhile that a lot of my symptoms are similar to MS so I'd like to get it checked into. Thanks for the concern, I sure appreciate it. How are you doing by the way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
(male)

Streetcar HB User

Hey Twisten,

When was your last MRI? The reason I ask is that I have a sister-in-law that WAS dx'd with MS. Dr told her that onset of MS was hurried along by the chemo treatments she was taking. She presented a lot of classic MS symptoms so she asked for asked for a second opinion and got an MRI. MRI showed she had DDD in all but 2 "C" disks and in 4 "L" disk. Her PCP said OOPs on the MS. Hopefully you don't have MS either.

As for me, the last month and a half have been a little rough. My PM dr switched me over to Avinza 60Mg 3 mos ago and things seemed good til my colon started to have hard spasms again. He also switched my anti-spasm med which hasn't helped at all. Since then my pain levels have been up there and I can't wait to see him next Thursday. I think I'll ask him about going back to Oxycontin since IBS/P always seems to start while I taking Morphine. I think that now that he has put me on Ativan for anxiety, I'll be able to handle the Oxy much better than before.

On the lighter side, did you hear the joke about the monkey, the coffee grounds and the hair dresser?

Ken

Neuromas, Diverticulosus, IBS-C/P, Esophageal Spasms

Old 03-19-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

Sorry Ken I meant to answer this sooner but forgot. I've never had an MRI so I'm hoping to request one when I see the doc again. I'm glad to hear your sister-in-law didn't have MS and yes I'm sure hoping I don't also. Sorry to hear you're having a rough ride again. I hope you can get it straightened out soon. Aren't those colon spasm something else? I hate when I get them. I've been on so many different meds for those over the years I can't even remember the names of them all. Most of them didn't do anything for me though. So how did you make out at your doctor's on Thursday?

Old 03-20-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Hey you two! How are you both?

Twisten, may I ask how you were dx'd wit CMP? My PCP wants my new rheumy to check me for that as well as CFS. Just wondering. I have a lot of the symptoms, but I know that they overlap with FM.

And hey Ken,
Sorry to hear about your IBS. I had that pretty bad before I was dx'd with FM, now I'm bascially constipated all the time until I slug some MOG! I like the cherry flavor. I can rememeber driving to work and having to pull over at the nearest gas station and make a bee line for the bathroom. Run in frantically, and walk out, slowly, with a simple "thanks" look on your face! Ken, may I ask what is the Avinza for? I have heard of it before but forgot what it was for. Is it a generic of something else? And I know what you mean about the Oxy. I couldn't take that stuff. It made me feel wierd, and it always left an "undertone" of pain. That probably doesn't make sense, but it's the only word I can think of.

I just wanted to pop in on the thread and say hey to you both. I'll post again with some recent news I have regarding new docs, arguing with old docs, yada yada. I see my PM doc on the 31st and have to have him fill out another PCE for my SSD app. since the other one is now outdated because they lost my file back in January. I'm sure he'll be thrilled, one more thing to fill out from me. EEEK. I think he's signed 3 different Student Loan Discharge forms for me, they conveniently keep losing them. Hmmmm...

Well, as you can see by the post time, it's late, and I'm up. ( had a good nap today )

Goodnight friends,
tk

P.S. any word on Dave?

Old 03-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

First my old family doctor thought I had CMP so he sent me to a neurologist who confirmed the diagnosis TK. My back pain is aggravated though from the scoliosis and osteoporosis they tell me.

Closed Thread