It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

momofsix HB User
methadone withdrawal after short-term use

I did a trial of methadone (up to 5mg 3x day) over two months. After a week at 3x/day, I got so tired and depressed, I just wanted off it. So I tapered down to 5 mg over a couple of weeks and now have stopped cold. It's now day 5, and except for lingering tiredness and occasional flu-like feelings, it hasn't been too bad. Is that because I was on it for such a short time, or should I not be surprised if things get worse before they get better? I'm really not sure what to be prepared for or how long it will take before I feel more "normal".

Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: methadone withdrawal after short-term use

Hey Linda, If your not having a problem by the 5th or 6th day it's not likely thngs are going to get any worse. ThBY day 6 you rpretty much have none left n your system and if you were going o have problems you would know. I think the low dose and short duration, and the lack of any psych facors will make it easy to switch to a differnt med. It's great you recognized the meth blahs so quickly, hopefully that wasn't the only affordable choice.
Take care, Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread