It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

sons2 HB User
Hurting...need to vent....

Hi guys.....

I'm sooo sick of doctors...............and paying big bucks for prescriptions that are like drinking a frickin (sp?) glass of water for a leg being cut off. I can't even pinpoint my pain anymore, when I walk the pain is just all over my right lower side of my body. Is it hip? is it my back? blah blah blah!! I told them the other day that Soma helped with my pain, they called me back and said we don't feel comfortable giving you that. WELL I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE NOW

I'm sure they are nice and comfortable in their little beds pain FREE!!

Ok.........I think I feel better now........I'm sooo sorry, I'm just not made out of money, and can't afford all of these little stupid pills that don't flippin touch my pain...............arrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh h I can hardly wait until the injections start.......geezzzzzzzzzz

I must be PMSing........thanks for listening, you guys are the ONLY ones that understand......................one more thing, has anyone ever told their doc, they don't feel comfortable about certain meds, or not wanting to do the injections......those things scare me to death........

L,
sons2

Last edited by sons2; 05-14-2006 at 07:07 PM. Reason: wanted to add something

Old 05-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

ChristineMarie HB User
Re: Hurting...need to vent....

aww. i am really sorry to hear that you are hurting so bad. and i know, doctors can be so useless sometimes. i hope everything gets better for you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User
Wink Re: Hurting...need to vent....

I am so sorry you are feeling bad. I can relate,before this pm dr my old one sucked. He didn't feel comfortable with anything but a very small amount of meds. So, i stayed for about 6 months but when the pain got really bad .I called him and ask him to please up my dose and he said again that he wasn't comfortable doing that.So,i went to another dr that would treat my pain .And i am soo glad i did.I hated that i had no control over my pain and i truely felt that my pm dr didn't care so i changed pm dr. I know it is scarey to ask them anything. I was also scared of losing my meds.I hated that i even had to worry about that.Anyways i do hope you get to feeling better. Kelsey

Old 05-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

Sons2 - Go ahead and vent!! We all need to do that quite frequently. We can relate - or I should say I can relate. I got all the way to the pre-surgical bay, had taken all my clothes off and slipped on the lovely gown they provided when I decided that I didn't feel comfortable with a procedure to "burn" the nerves in my hip area. There is a much more technical name for it than "burning the nerves", but I can't remember it at the moment. My husband was with me and he told the nurse how I was feeling. I had a fear that if I didn't go through with the recommended procedure that my PM doc would think I wasn't willing to try "everything" available to help my pain and would stop giving me pain meds. She got my PM doc, he came in all dressed in his scrubs, and he couldn't have been more understanding!!! He said he understood completely and that I should never be fearful that there would be "consequences" for not undergoing suggested procedures. I got up and got dressed and went home. Each person has to make their own decision. It's not an easy one to come to terms with sometimes. Hope you feel better - KathyMac

Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #5
(female)

sons2 HB User

Thanks so much guys for the support............I am so very frustrated, and the gals at the office certainly do not help matters, they are very grumpy. Maybe I need to contact my GP and ask to switch to another pm doc.

As I read somewhere on these boards, "We employ the docs, and we can also fire them". I am at my wits end. I did go for my MRI today, hopefully it will show something.

Again thanks so much for all your compassion

L,
sons2

Last edited by sons2; 05-15-2006 at 11:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 05-16-2006, 05:24 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

mpvt HB User

Most definetley get another PM.You have every right to have your pain managed and if the doctor you have isn't happy with that then fire him and move on.Some of these guys get the I'm god attitude so you just let them know that they are actually JC and your god......Dave

Closed Thread