It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Wink K stone,where are youuuu??

hey KS,just wondering how you are doing,havent seen you on the boards for a while and am hoping it's because you are currently lying on the beach's somewhere in mexico drinkin margaritas,and not for some other ominous reason.please respond when you can,I am just a bit concerned,thats all.hope you are doing okay hon,marcia

Old 05-15-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User
Re: K stone,where are youuuu??

Hey Marcia....I'm here!! I've been having some problems lately..passing stones from my remaining kidney. Also, I'm now spilling glucose into my urine. That's never happened before. I'm not diabetic or anything. My doc told me it's because this kidney only funtions 30% and can't hold on to everything. He said it's nothing to worry about it. My blood sugar is fine. I had to go to ER the other night...what a NIGHTMARE!! This ***hole doc I've seen before said "so, you had your kidney out and that didn't seem to work because you are still here. You probably go around getting shots all over town!" What the ****!!!! I wanted to knock the hell out of him. I have stones in the kidney that are moving around and when they do, they tear stuff up and I bleed really bad. That showed up in the UA. He CT'd me and stones in the kidney, but not in ureter. He said "stones in the kidney don't hurt. I could have stones for all I know". Well, I've had stones for 26 years, and yes, they do hurt. Not constantly, but they do hurt! So, explain the blood ***hole!! Explain my b/p 220/140, ***hole!!! I guess I put the blood there myself. LOL Even the nurses that work with this doc hate him!! The nurse just kept apologizing. I'm sorry I'm venting, I'm just so frustrated. Anyway, I'm still here. Thanks for asking about me!!! Talk to ya soon!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

what an unbelievable idiot,i don't blame you at all for being sooo ****** off.does this guy actually have an MD behind his name??i would totally lodge a complaint with the admin of that hospital.i mean geez,if the nurses are aware of his stupidness and really horrible bedside manner,I can only imagine that there have been other complaints against this a hole too.i can only imagine just how he has treated other patients who don't have a history like yours and who are really suffering from some sort of an injury or disease/condition type thing ya know?If he is treating someone like you,with your history like this,wow,I'll bet he is totally reeming those poor patirnts who have the misfortune to have him as their ER doc after suffering from something really painful.what a flippin jerk.

that man definitely should not be in an ER,anywhere,or even practicing medicine at all.If I were you,i would take all that anger you are having about this episode and put it into some "words" to the head of that hospital,and include you TOTAL history.I really would demand something be done to this uncaring a hole.really.no one deserves to be treated this way,no one.espescially when he was totally aware of what you have been thru.wow.thats just sick.i sure hope things are going a bit better now than they were before.

Thanks for responding to my post KS,I was a bit worried about you when I hadn't seen your name for a while.Its that mommy in me.take care hon,Marcia

Old 05-16-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
(female)

Drewtn HB User
Angry Re: K stone,where are youuuu??

Please don't think I have lost it but . . .

It makes me want to BREAK a part of his body and make him sit in the lobby for a few hours and THEN tell him he is a drug seeker and give him an aspirin. Maybe ask him if he goes all over town breaking things for drugs. WTH IS WRONG WITH SOME OF THESE DR.S!!!

K.S. so sorry you had to deal with someone like him.

We need to figure out a way to transport the exact pain to the current doctor people are seeing each time. lol

Old 05-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

OMG I can not believe he treated you as such. I would surely file a complaint too. Doctors like him do not deserve medical degrees. He probably works in the ER because no one would even remotely see him in an office on a regular basis. I don't wish bad things on people but sometimes I wish I could!

Old 05-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

Hey Drewtn - I like your "transported pain" idea! I've often thought that the very best new technology would be some sort of computer connection that could be placed between the patient and the doctor. When the patient comes in and complains of pain, the doctor inserts one end of the cable into the patients port (this would have to be surgically implanted of course!) and the other end into the doctor's pain port. When the doc flips the switch the patients' pain is downloaded into the doctors nervous system and he/she feels the severity and exact location of the patient's pain!!! That would sure shut up a few skeptical doctors, eh? Wish somebody would get working on that!! KathyMac

Closed Thread