It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
Tina76 Are you O.K.?

Hi Tina - I haven't seen you post in days and I'm starting to wonder if something has happened to you. You almost always have something to say to help other folks, and not seeing your "handle" is worrying me. Check in if you are out there and can read this, ok? KathyMac

Old 05-16-2006, 06:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User
Re: Tina76 Are you O.K.?

Hi KathyMac! Yes, I'm okay. I've been on reading, etc...but have been busier than normal the past few days at work so I haven't had as much time to actually post. Thanks for thinking of me though! Didn't mean to worry you. I'm the same way if I don't see posts from someone for a longer than normal amount of time I start to worry! But I'm here and I'm okay. Just been busy and TIRED! Ugh. Too bad they won't inact a "naptime" here at my job! he he he... I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping again with the methadone. I have a bad habit of forgetting to take my sleeping pill until it is too late at night. So I've been pretty overtired lately. I think I need to set and alarm or something to go off at 9pm so I remember to take my clonazapam...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

I'm glad to see you are ok Tina! Methadone has never kept me awake - but oxycodone certainly has. Don't know if you read my other post about oxycodone - but I stopped taking my daily dose of 90-120 mg or more of it this past weekend. I had a few days of very minimal withdrawal symptoms, but today I'm feeling just fine. You made me laugh when you mentioned setting your alarm clock to take your sleeping pill! How many times have you been in the hospital sound asleep when the nurse comes in and wakes you up to take your sleeping pill?? It's happened to me more than once. I'm just like you when it comes to missing folks if they don't post in their usual pattern. Makes me think something has happened to them and they can't get to their computer. Anyway...don't be a stranger! KathyMac

Old 05-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Well I know that ONE time when I wasn't posting for over a week and people were worried I really WAS hurting and in the hospital! So when someone else doesn't post I always assume something bad has happened to them. Especially since the people who are posting on this board are all suffering from extremely painful conditions. So it's always nice to just find out people have been busy or out of town or something. I've just been busy... My temporary roommates moved out last week. So I've been focused on getting them into their new apartment and getting my house back to mysel! Yippppeeee! Trying not to overdo it too much though. I get so excited and then I overdo it and then I end up really sore the next day. Ugh. But my house is nice and quiet again after having 2 extra adults and an infant staying in my guest room for almost 6 months!

Last night my alarm went right off to take my sleeping pill last night. What's funny is that I had originally asked my brother to try and remind me each night around 9 and HE keeps forgetting too! Except for last night! He comes upstairs and says "time for your pill" right as my alarm went off. He he he.... Of course we'll both forget again tonight. But I did sleep well last night! It was kind of weird actually.... I hadn't taken my sleeping pill in well over a week and I took one and within a half hour I was SOOOOOO out of it! They never make me feel that way. I think it might have been because I had been missing so much sleep my body was already really tired evne though my mind was racing. But yeah, I was all slurry and stumbly. It was weird. That's ever happened before. So I just sat down on the couch to get my bearings... Well I woke up at about 2am STILL on the couch kind of slumped over...no blanket. What a weirdo! Of course I was too tired to move into my bed so I just pulled down the couch blanket and slept there....like a ROCK too! It felt really good.

Closed Thread