It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

mshatch HB User
Thanks for Meds help.(update)

Hey Everyone,
In February I believe I asked for advice from everyone about being in between meds. I got some very good advice. I was told that going from Lortab 10 (Hydrocodone) to Roxicodone 30 (oxycodone) was an enormous step. I didnt know why I was feeling so crappy and foggy so I just told my dr that it wasnt working. I decide to post a thread here because I felt like there had to be another choice for me. I was so grateful for all of your advice. The one bit of advice I did get was that going from hydro to oxycodone 30 was an enormous step which I had no idea about because I had been on the same meds for almost 8 yrs maybe longer. Basically you all told me the amount of meds was like triple what i wa taking before. I know alot about pain and surgery and living in pain but med eqaulity wasnt one of my strong points. Either way I went to my dr with my new found info and yes there was a in between. And I feel great now. I just wanted to thank my healthboard family for helping me out when I need it. Thanks !!!! But I also wanted to saythat if any of you have a question please ask, I have been in PM for years and this board has given me help and knowledge. I also wanted to say that if you even think you have some input please feel free. And most important no question is to much for us to deal with we love trying to help each other. Thanks again everone. Your knowledge has made a world of difference for me on many occassions.
Thanks
MSHATCH......Hope this finds you all happy and well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Thanks for Meds help.(update)

I'm glad to hear you are doing well and have your medications adjusted to an acceptable level for you! It's always nice to hear when these sorts of things happen.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Mshatch - I am so happy that you found a medication that is working well fo ryou! What did they end up using for you? I know what a good feeling it is when you find something that works for the pain but doesn't make you a walking zombie either. It is so relieving! Good for you!

Tina

Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

ARANGER HB User

Hey MS,

Glad to hear you found some middle ground and the meds are working for you. Hope everything continues to go well for you.

Take Care

Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
(female)

mshatch HB User

Hey Guys
Thanks for the replies. The inbetween was Percodan. She said we could always adjust that dose....fine tune it as she put it. Like I said before thanks to all of you. You all are great family to have around.
MSHATCH

Closed Thread