It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User
just started Lyrica

Hello all I am seeing a pain mangement Doc for my back issues. I have had one surgery and I know I need one more but I want to see if medication will help me to avoid it... I am taking 40 mgs of oxycontin 2 times a day and 4-6 percocet a day, 5 mgs.., my pain isn't controlled to well and the Doc does not want to give me any more narcs as he says I am on a HUGE dose as it is. so he has added in Lyrica, can anyone offer any good feed back on this drug? I do have a lot of nerve pain so it might help me. the pain shoots into my sciatic and into my foot and leg and so I hope it works I am just a little nervous about taking a new medication, what are your thoughts about it I am also worried I will get real drowsy but at least I work from home and can nap if I HAVE to since I have my own business?

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2006, 05:05 AM   #2
(female)

Kymtnms HB User
Re: just started Lyrica

Hi, I just started Lyrica too. I'm on the 7th day. So far I've noticed an increase in appetite to the point of getting up in the middle of the night to eat a sandwich, chips and ice cream. Don't need to add more weight so hoping this side effect will go away as the dosage increases. Dr. started me on 50 mg but said he will up the dosage very slowly since the first 4 nights I slept for 14 hours straight without rolling over and felt very hung over the entire next day but that's better than getting up to eat! I'm following the Topamax thread as an alternative if the Lyrica keeps putting on the weight. The sleeping so long and hung over feeling was gone by the 5th day and I've returned to a more normal sleep schedule if there is such a thing for me. No difference in pain level yet but I'm sure until the dosage is higher I won't see any.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2006, 05:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

My GOD you take alot of heavey Meds..It was hrd for me to get the percocet's let along the oxycottin , Lyrica didn't work for me , Like Kymt said it did make me tired and nausea. I take percocet and it don't do anything for my nerves..Does it work for yours ?

Old 05-25-2006, 06:04 AM   #4
(female)

Sharon/B HB User

Hi

I tried Lyrica a few weeks ago and managed to take it for a week but each day felt sleepier and sleepier to the point where I couldn' t even think about driving which I normally am able to do. It also made me feel depressed as I felt nothing was happening in the day - I just had to look at a chair or bed and than lie down and fall asleep. Maybe you will have better luck with it as there must be some people out there who have found it useful - I always give a new med a chance regardless of what other people say because I have found some suit me which have been useless to other people and visa versa.
Good luck, hope you have a good day
Sharon/B

Closed Thread