It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User
Has This Every Happen To Anyone

hello all,
i wanted to start out by thanking everyone for all the help you have given to me in the past.I LOVE this site. Anyways , i would like to know if anyone has had this happen to them?About 3months ago i was at my daughter b-day party and i picked up my 3 year old niece .I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder ,i just thought i pulled a muscle and it would heal.Thats not the case.I am still having pain in my shoulder ,and it is alot worse now.
I was thinking that it might be relate to my cervical spinal stenosis , my many bulging disc ,and a also have a impinchment on my spinal cord from the spinal stenosis.this is at c3-c6.I have to go back to the dr tommorow because i am going every 2 weeks til i get the right combo of meds.I am having a lot of pain in the moring when i wake up. i am on 2 10 mg
lortabs every 8 hours.
My pain starts at a 10 when i get up and only goes down to a 8. The most my pain is going down is to 4 but mostly its a 6.and i have to wait 8 hours before i take the meds again.They never last over 4-5 hours,so i at a 10 for 4 more hours before i can take the meds again. I have been keeping a pain jounal and i will get it to my dr hopefully he will put me on a stronger med.I am going to also ask my dr if he thinks this shoulder pain is relate to my cervical issues.. i would be grateful for any feedback.kelsey

Last edited by kelsey1; 05-24-2006 at 04:53 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Old 05-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ARANGER HB User
Re: has this ever happened to anyone

Hey Kelsey,

Hydrocodone generally lasts only 4-6 hours max. You may want to see if your doc will let you take it every 6 hours instead of 8. Obviously if it becomes a chronic pain issue, then an LA med may be a better choice. But for now, trying to find out what will work for you SA is probably the best way to go.

I think keeping a pain journal is a great idea. It lets your doc know what your pain level is and how long your meds are working.

Hope you start feeling better. Take Care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
(female)

mshatch HB User

Hi Kelsey
I got in a wreck about a year and a half ago. Before that I had 2 surgeries on my c spine because of DDD and I also have Lumbar disc disease. When I got in the wreck I felt like my shoulder was torn off and I was affraid it has something to do with my spine. Well through many test I found out that I had torn tendons in my shoulder and it may take a month a yr or several yrs to heal. I dont want to bring you down but the pain gets so bad I can hardly stand it. I also take Lortab 10 and it doesnt last. I was recently put on oxycodone but found out I am allergic to it. So you may want to do as advised by Aranger and ask for something different meds wise. Just be honest with your doc and let him/her know what happened and that the lortab isnt helping you anymore. There should be no problem if you have a good relationship with your dr. Hope all goes well for you. Best of luck.
MSHATCH

Old 05-25-2006, 04:08 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

mshatch
that is the problem. This is a new pm dr and i don't know him well.He has said he wants to get my pain under control.But i am afraid to ask him to put me on somthing stronger because i have only had him for 2 months.So i figured the best think was just to give him the journal and he can see for himself that the pain meds is not helping. Do you guys think that is best?or is it just best not to tell him or give him the journal(since i am a new pt). hshatch I was just wondering what did your dr put you on since you can't take oxoconde(sp)? kelsey

Last edited by kelsey1; 05-25-2006 at 04:17 AM.

Closed Thread