It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

Flipper65 HB User
help finding a pm doc in charlotte nc

Hello All
I am new here and need some help. I live in charlotte nc and have the task of finding my own pm doc for my ns to refer me to. He is in another state and does not have a network of referrels in my area. I had 2 discs replaced with cage and suffer from chronic pain. I also have nerve damage from as a result of the surgery. I am currenly taking duragesic 75 and lortab for bt. Can anyone help me locate a good pm doc in charlotte or nearby?
Thank you in advance.
flipper

Old 05-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User
Re: help finding a pm doc in charlotte nc

I have a GREAT pain managment Dr but he is in The Asheville NC area. Is that to far for you? he is so nice and is not afraid to prescribe medication if you really need it like we all do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
(female)

Flipper65 HB User

Slipperyslope,
Thank you so much. Asheville is about 2 1/2 hours from me. I will certainly keep that in mind though. My fear is that I will find one in Charlotte that will not want to give me the pain medication I have been on. I would really like to get off of the pain meds all together, but everytime I have tried on my own, I have had horrible pain returning and withdrawal. I just want to make sure I really need it and am not just taking it because I am hooked on it. I don't think I am because I have really bad bt pain that I do not even take my medication (Lortab) for. I just take Tylenol and ride it out. Will they help me determine this? Any advice you can offer me to help determine this for myself? I am currenly on Duragesic 75 every 48 hours.
Thanks a bunch!

Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
(male)

beebers HB User

slippery slope,
hey. glad to hear you have a good doc in ashville, nc. i am about 45 min to and hour away and have had a hard time finding a good doc since i moved back from fl. first i started getting treatment at the VA and they werent willing to continue my oxycodone SR b/c they said morphine was just as good and much more cost affective. then i started seeing a doc (gen. prac.) in town who is willing to start me on a much lower dose of oc w/out any b/t meds. i am fine working w/ this but all of the sudden he is trying to send me to some of the same things i have already done. please dont get me wrong i am more than willing to try anything but one of the things he wants me to do now is go to charlotte to see some surgeon, who i am sure is great, but the guy wont even review my records to tell me what he possibly might be able to offer. charlotte is a long drive and i dont want to go all the way there just to have a nerve block, repeat surgery, something offered that i have already tried. i really hate to even get my hopes up for no reason. i have researched my particular condition and the treatments for it extensivly and if i believed for one second that this guy could help i would be all over it. noone at my current doctors office seems to understand why i wouldnt want to make an eight hour round trip, spend for gas, possibly a hotel room ect. ect. w/out having some reasurrence that he might really be able to help.

anyway if you could contact me w/ some info i would greatly appreciate it.
my email is [email]REMOVED[/email].

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-25-2006 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
(female)

Flipper65 HB User

Hi Beepers
The doc you have been referred to in Charlotte, is he/she a surgeon or pm doc? Charlotte has a lot of great docs and one of the best hospitals in the country. If you would like to tell me the name I will be happy to do some research for you.
Flipper

Old 05-26-2006, 04:30 AM   #6
(male)

beebers HB User

the doctors name i am not sure of. i havent seen them yet but believe i will be going down there at the end of next month. once i find out who it is i will let you know. thanks for the reply. they are a surgeon. supposedly a very good one. they did donavan mcnabbs sport hernia surgery that he had alot of problems w/. we will see i guess.

slipperery slope... can you give me the name of your doctor??? since you cant email me or is that bad also.

Closed Thread