It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User
Help I Have A New Problem

I finally went to my dr app and he increased the times i can take the lortab i now take 2 10 mg every 6 hours.I was so glad because it wasn't working every 8 hours. Anyways,i went to get the script the parm. told me that he had to expand the days i could take the meds because my insurance would only pay for 6 a day.So they said to call my dr so he could call my insurance which is the medical card passport(from the state). Anyways my dr couldn't do this because he don't accept my insurance i have to pay cash there because (as some of you guys will rememeber) there is only 2 pain dr that take my ins. the one i was going to that wouldn't increase my meds and the other pain dr wouldn't take any patients that have ever went to a pain dr. My problem is that i can't pay cash for some of the meds and get some of them on the ins. because it is against the law to do so. A person on the medical card can't be made to pay for any thing.However a lady at my ins. said that people do pay cash every day and they don't get into trouble. So when i told the recp. at pm she said that i had to pay cash for the whole thing ( which is $135) I am not real sure why pm cares they don't even take my insr. so is she telling me what she has to because its the law ? or will i get into trouble? I called back to my insr. and ask her what am i to do. She said she is going to get case management to see if they can help me because they don't want me to pay cash for anything. So in 2 weeks when i should get my meds. i won't be able to yet for 5 exrta days but the parm told me i could pay cash for the 5 days and then get my insr. to pay for the rest of the script. I hope you guys understand this . Sorry i went on and on .I needs some feedback about this guys...thanks kelsey1

Last edited by kelsey1; 05-28-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User
Re: now i have a new problem.

Does Anyone Have Any Replys For Me Please Kelsey1

Old 05-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User
Re: now i have a new problem.

Hey Kelsey: Can you have your doctor write your script for One Lortab every 3 hours? Or even 3-4 hours? Another thought I had was maybe you could get your doc to write for Oxy IR, 15 mg, every 4 hours. That should hold you as well as the Hydrocodone. Just some thoughts.

Closed Thread