It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

1BADBIOTCH HB User
Unhappy Pain on my lower right side

I have been having these sharp pains on my lower right side off and on for almost 2 months. Sometimes it isnt sooo bad and other times it sharp and i grab my side and normally ben over or lay down. Dont know why i do that not like it helps but ok. And for the past month and a half everytime i eat i get sice to my stomach and throw up. And if i dont throw up i feel like i have to for well over 30 mins. I am not preg i had that checked and i take a preg test every 2 weeks to be sure thats not what is causing this. I know i need to go to the doctor i will but i was jus woundering if anyone on here has had that or know what it may be.

Old 05-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User
Re: Pain on my lower right side

Nausea and pain can be signs of many differen't ailments. Off the top of my head, appendicitis or gall bladder problems. Since you ahve actually been throwing up I would definitely consult with a doctor! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
(male)

shakorox HB User

Agreed, go see a doc, nasuea and vomiting after eating are signs of a GI problem. However the GI system has lots of parts, it could be anything from an ulcer to something with the apendix like Tina said. However, if you've been thowing up after every meal for a month and a half, I would think that you would be way malnurished and dehydrated, which is reason enough to go see a Doc ASAP. Have you been loseing a lot of weight without trying?

Although, I'm only speculating but the source of your pain and the N&V could be seperate issues. When you say "lower right side" do you mean above or below your belly-button? Because your apendix is (should be) on the right side below your belly-button line. But appendicitis is a medical emergency and requires surgery 1-3 days after the onset of symptoms. If you've had pains for 2 months then I dunno, it depends on where it is. All I can suggest is going to the doctors. They'll probably run a gamit of blood tests and do a physical assessment. From thier they could order anything from an endoscopic test to an MRI. They will know what to do based on your symptoms, exam, and labs.

But if you have been throwing-up after every meal for a month and a half then you might as well go straight to the E.R. because there they will hook you up to an I.V. and get you hydrated! And while there they can draw the blood through your I.V. so you only have to get poked once. Also they can order what ever tests your symptoms warrent and you'll get it done promptly, including labs and some imaging (usually a CT in the E.R. for abdomen pain). Reguardless, go get it checked out before it gets worse. If you can't keep any food down you'll end up hurting other organs. Not to mention throwing up all the time will eat away at the enamel on your teeth, and burn the hell out of your esophagus.

Get it check out!

Later,
-Derek-

Old 05-31-2006, 06:48 AM   #4
(female)

1BADBIOTCH HB User
Unhappy Re: Pain on my lower right side

With the nv because of the fact that i either feel very sick to my stomach like ima throw up or i do i jus really dont eat. Only thing i can hold down is cottage chesse and that got old quick. I dont even waste the food since i know ima throw up. And the pain is under the belly button but last night was tettible and the pain was just spreading. I went to the er and i sat there for 12 they even forgot i was there and i was sittin there with my 3 kids...who were well behaved and i was told jokingly thats why. So I left...But I am goin to try it again today.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Oh my! I can only imagine how frustrating that must have been at the ER. Please do try again today though. I really feel you need to get to the bottom of what this problem is. Hopefully it will turn out to be something easy to fix!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
(female)

1BADBIOTCH HB User

yea im goin in the mornin after i drop my daughter off at school

Old 05-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

hi
i have also had pain there many many times.It was a cyst on my ovary >some women are just prone to get them .But see a dr .... take care,kelsey

Old 05-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #8
(female)

1BADBIOTCH HB User
Unhappy Re: Pain on my lower right side

oh really did u have to have surgery to get it removed? Im sorry but since i dont know anything about cyst and what it is.....can u explain it for me?

Closed Thread