It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

Sammiejoe HB User
Need Advice on pharmacy

Hi everyone
I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice on getting my prescription filled. I'm due to get my usual med(roxi) on, 6-4-06, which is this Sunday and the problem is my regular pharmacy isn't open on Sundays. My doc keeps his rx's on a strict 30 day fill which means, I'm totally out on 6-4-06, my last dose will be the night of 6-3-06. My state will not allow pharmacys to give info out on controlled subs on the phone, so I have not been having any luck calling around to see if any other place carries this rx. I remember having this happen last year and every pharmacy I went to said they didn't carry this med or my strength. I tried to tell the doc that I would have this problem, but, he seems to think I can go anywhere to get this filled even though I told him Walgreens didn't have it last year when this same thing happened. I was able to get my regular pharmacy to give me a 1 day supply last year because I went in that Saturday and told them evey pharmacy that I went to with the script in hand said they didn't carry that med or strength, but, the pharmacist warned me to have the doc not do this to me again because he would not do this again. So I'm afraid I'll have to have a horrible Sunday with no meds unless anyone here has some suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ARANGER HB User
Re: Need Advice on pharmacy

Hey Sammie,

Do you already have the script? Or do you need to go get it from your PM.

Usually a day early is not a problem in a situation like this. This just happened to me with Memorial day falling on Monday. My script was due on Monday. Well my pharmacy was closed by Sunday and Monday. It was no problem for me to pick up my script late Saturday due to this.

I would call and check with your PM or his assistant. Just explain that you follow the strict dosing schedule which will put you out on Sunday. The pharmacy is closed Sunday and if you can pick it up one day early.

If you use insurance it should not be a problem there either. Mine will actually allow 5 days early.

I don't think it should be a problem, but I guess its up to your PM.

Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
(female)

Sammiejoe HB User

Hi Aranger
Yes I picked up the script today. The thing is the doc isn't in today, so he can't change the script. I called last week to get my meds and when I called this Tues to see if they were ready for me to pick up, only my samples for Lyrica and Topamax were ready, so I told the receptionist that I needed the Roxi script and I explained(again) about having the doc date it for Sat instead of Sun and she said she would leave the note on his desk and when he came in this Thurs., he'd take care of it. Well, when I went in today and looked at the script it was dated for 6-4-06 and the receptionist said she left him the note, so she didn't know why he didn't date it for 6-3-06.

That's the problem with having a doc make you run out of your med first before getting the new one filled. I love my doc, but, he isn't in the office except for 2 days a week, so I usually call about 10 days early just in case there's a prob with the script, so I can have him correct it before I need it. I don't know why he forgot to write it earlier when he got the other med samples ready for me, but, now I'm stuck and he's not there to fix it. I always worry about the last minute script, so that's why I call 10 days early and it just didn't work out this time.
Thanks

Old 06-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

if i were you i would get in my car script in hand drive to ever phar i could to find the meds.
I have to go to my dr appt every 2 weeks now, (til my meds are stable)i run out the night before i go this sucks because i have real bad pain in the moring and i don't have any meds til i go to my dr appt.I do not understand why we couldn't go in to the dr 1 dr before so we never run out of meds. I don't know how he will do my meds once i go to him every month,probly the same. Good luck,kelsey

Closed Thread