It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

JeanneO HB User
Finally going to Pain Management

I have hope again I have an appt on 6/15 with a phsychiatrist that specializes in PM as well as an appt on 7/13 with a PM center that tells me that the phsych often sends his patients to them for overall treatment plans. I realize that my meds will be managed by just one of them but I do definately need someone to help me my treatment options.

I've been seeing a physiatrist that has been kind of treating me, but my appts with him are very far apart and I feel like my other treatments - PT, MT, IMS and phsychiatrist (he spcializes in chronic pain, but doesn't do meds) seeing the phsych has helped with some issues, but until my pain is managed it seems like the other treatments are just causing me more pain.

I was at the end of my rope the other day (had a complete melt down) while getting the IMS, which is inter muscular stimulation, basically needles in the muscle with electrical impulses. Which causes me a great deal of pain, at first it was only for a couple of days, but the last 2 treatments caused me pain for at least 5 or 6 days. Anyway, I was just sitting there with my muscles jumping, crying like a baby and I realized that this was insanity. I'm doing too much too often with PT, MT and this. I couldn't even see if one thing was helping or hurting. So I called the physiatrist and told them how I was feeling and they said to stop everything except perhaps the MT IF I thought it was helping, maybe helping me to relax. I know that when I first started seeing the physiatrist, I thought that he was PM but I found out after a while that he wasn't so I was dissappointed but everytime I head to someone new I have hope again.

My hope is to be able to keep my pain to a managable level to be able to function doing basic things like cleaning the house (light cleaning) and planting some flowers, just basic simple things that give me joy, my work schedule is cutting back at the end of the month so that will help as well, I'll be working from home and have a more leisurly schedule.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this but these boards and everyone reponses to my questions and others have been so helpful to let me see that I don't need to suffer needlessly and it's my basic right to have my pain treated. I know it isn't just up to meds to make me feel better but up to me to try the treatements that are available to me, but know as well that if my pain isn't managed in the meantime that probably nothing will work.

Thanks everyone
JeanneO

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User
Re: Finally going to Pain Management

HI,
I really hope this is the last stop for you before you find pain relief. I know how hard that is to find.I wish you luck on your app. Please keep us posted. Kelsey

Closed Thread