It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User
Better Muscle Relaxer

Okay I have three choices.

1. Valium
2. Flexeril
3. Soma

I can function on the valium during the day. I cannot of the Flexeril and have no idea on the soma as it was just prescribed to me. Of course I got the same help from the doctor...it reacts differently to different people. Let me know your thoughts!

Old 06-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User
Re: Better Muscle Relaxer

Hi Onyx! Soma always worked great for me, but my doctor will not prescribe it anymore because its supposed to be addicting. even though I am on 2 different opiate meds, its a no go. But I found it to be by far the best for me. I take baclofen now, I'm happy with it, certainly it works better than the flexaril, But I would rather be on Soma. If you go with the valium, the sleepyness will abate somewhat over time, and it is a very good muscle relaxer. Good luck to you, let us know what you decide. Your Friend, Fabby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

I tried Soma last night and felt so drunk it was terrible. I was told that I could cut it in half is that possible?

Old 06-22-2006, 02:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

yes you can cut them in half. I think that drunk feeling will be present with either the soma or the valium, but it will get somewhat better over time. The flexeril will make you a little sleepy, but wont have the diazapam hypnotic effect. ~Fabby

Old 06-23-2006, 06:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

Had the docs metioned skelaxin and or robaxin?
I noticed i have to switch from time to time. While robaxion helps me sleep ( which is a great thing ) the skelaxin i noticed not only works but the only way i can tell is when i don't take it. Very few if any side afffects with the skelaxin. But as far as long term use it is not uncommon to switch from time to time.
Good luck with finding one that helps with the spams!

Old 06-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
(female)

JeanneO HB User

I recently started on Baclofen and it seems to be helping. I take 1/2 to 1 tablet 3 times per day and have found that I can really only take the whole pill at bedtime because it does make me sleepy, but the upside is that it really does help me sleep...that and 2 benadryl.

My understanding is that they use Baclofen for people with MS to help with spasticity.

JeanneO

Old 06-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

I have found that I can take a quarter of a pill every 4-6 hours during the day and than a half of a pill at night and I am feeling a little bit better. Not as many spasms!!!! By the way, I am taking the soma.

Closed Thread