It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
(female)

milimoki HB User
Re: Who works?

Ok I think we were to harsh on her. Everyone of us has had bad days where we feel selfish and angry and have a pity party. She was honest about how she was feeling and just wanted advice. Not everyone has copeing skills. Its very hard for some people to step back and look at a situation through another persons eyes. To s walk in their shoes. Its so important to be able to do this. I have had many pity parties for myself even knowing right at that moment, that there were people out there that were a million times worse off than me. When you start to feel that way, you have to brush the tears away, call yourself a big baby and move on. No matter how bad you have it, there is someone else out there that is worse off than you. So you have to consider yourself lucky. Only concern I had was your career. If you are going to continue being a nurse, you will have toput on a smile and do what you have to do no matter how you feel. A person under your medical care needs to feel safe and cared for. They need you. They need to see a smile on your face. Not a angry, bitter person. There are to many cruddy nurses and DR.'s out there. There is nothing worse than being deathly sick and in pain, and you go to the ER to get care and support, and be treated like a drug addict or made to feel like your a pain in the butt. Anway I didnt mean to sound so harsh, I hope you were just having a bad day. You know they have chronic pain suffer support groups out there. I am sure they can be very helpful. Even logging on here can be therapy. It is for me. Its not easy for you I am sure. Being bitter and jealous and sad and angry will RUIN you. You have to find a way to supress all that negative energy for the sake of you and the people you take care of in your job and your family and friends. And you need to see a PM Dr for sure. Hope you have a better day tomorrow and keep us updated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2006, 11:48 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

hi all,
i would like to add i work i am a watress and i am able to keep working because my pain is controlled. I am soo sorry for they people who don't have this option. I am very scared when and if the day comes that i can't work,i think about it a lot. What would i do ? I here of stories of people waiting years for disablity, and i wonder how do they pay rent and buy food, ? I don't know what i will do when that happens, well yes i do, I pray and know that god will take care of me.. kelsey

Old 06-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #18
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey1
hi all,
i would like to add i work i am a watress and i am able to keep working because my pain is controlled. I am soo sorry for they people who don't have this option. I am very scared when and if the day comes that i can't work,i think about it a lot. What would i do ? I here of stories of people waiting years for disablity, and i wonder how do they pay rent and buy food, ? I don't know what i will do when that happens, well yes i do, I pray and know that god will take care of me.. kelsey
I am not working but on w/c ( not by choice ) My biggest scare is what am I gonna do the rest of my life ! I have a high school education and I only have been a hard labor worker. ( not the sharpest pencil in the box ) So if some how I got screwed from comp then what ? I can only do so little before I have to lie down, and I can't afford to live on disability.

I'm sure there are plenty of people dealing with that right now , I have a daughter in college that I'm paying for, and another daughter that will be going soon. I am so proud of my daughters what am I gonna say to the youngest when I can't afford to send her ?

worried

Old 06-21-2006, 06:18 AM   #19
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhere-child
I'll just keep on. Everything I've ever tried makes me vomit, unless I lay down right afterwards and sleep for a few hours. I can't even take enough time off to try to get adjusted. My stomach is just ultra sensitive.

Nurses who continually seek out pain meds are often labelled as drug seekers. I can't expose myself to that kind of risk.

Again, thanks for the replies. I probably am more depressed, seeing that other people have the option to take care of themselves, while I just have to work in order to eat and keep a roof over my head, pain or no pain. And I do get crawling on the floor kind of pain. I just have to do it anyway, just get up and function every day.

Usually, I feel better focusing on work rather than pain anyway. My own little painkilling secret, I suppose!
Hope your feeling better today..

Old 06-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #20
Inactive
(female)

Too Sweet 74 HB User

Hi Nowhere,
Been thinking about what you were saying alot since yesterday and was wondering if you had thought about the pain management at all? It saddens me to have you so eaten up with anger like that . I really am hoping you find a way to feel better ,your pain and your heart.
I lived with anger much like yours for a long time over personal things in my marriage and it served no purpose but to make me feel awful. I was so eaten up with all those bad feelings that I couldn't see what I was doing to my life or the life of my son. All that stuff does have physical effects on you too. Again please go talk to someone about your pain. I truelly hope you are feeling better today too.

Sherri

Closed Thread