It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mary Anne9998 HB User
Working Full Time and in Pain the Whole Time

Thought I would start a new thread on this subject. I have had DDD for about 8 years and have continued to work thru it. Looking back I really don't know how I did it. Most of the time, I have had to take some type of pain meds, and I think my body is so used the Vicodin that when I hurt real bad I can take one and still put in 8 hours. I recently applied for disability. My job allows me to apply and continue to work until the decision is made(civil service). I only have 2 1/2 years until I could retire and up til now have just tried to get by each and every day working towards retirement. Then I stopped and thought "Then what?". That is what made me decide to apply for disability. I am not sure I can make it 2 1/2 more years at the rate I am going. My vacation is advanced to me at the beginning of each year, before I have earned it and at this time I have 2 days left until next January! And no sick days left either. And all of them have been because of my back. Life is way too short to live like this.Doesn't mean if I get disability, that I am going to just lie back and die. But sure would be nice to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about trying to get ready for work and wonder how much pain I am going to be in by quitting time, and have someone else in the family do the cooking and cleaning because I can't.

Anyway just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread