It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

BlueSteam HB User
Update

Just an update on how it went for me on the Cymbalta. It did not go well. Three days into the med and I could not get out of bed because I was beyond tired and it felt like I had 20 pound weights on my legs. Two differant calls to my pm didn't get me any help, but the nurse did assure me she would talk to my doc and see about just upping my dose of topa and leaving it at that. (a week later and I still haven't heard back on that either)

This is my third try with anti-depressants to try to help me with my nerve pain and I just can't seem to tolerate them!! Don't know what the deal is. I was really hoping this would work for me. I feel like I'm going to run out of options!

Old 07-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: Update

B-
I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the Cymbalta. I don't know what dose you are one, but my pm doctor just started me on 60mg of Cymbalta once daily and I've only been taking it since June 28. I thought that it sounded like a high dosage since this is my first time taking it, and I think I might be right! I have puked it up almost every time. It makes me so nauseous that I can't move. My pm doctor is out of town until Monday, so I'm going to put a call in first thing Monday morning.

Have they tried you on Lyrica yet? My primary doctor had me on it before she referred me to the pm doctor, and although I had some monir side effects at first, they wore off pretty quickly. My body seemed to adjust quickly.

I don't know what all you have tried, but another medication that was briefly discussed by my doctors was Lexipro.

I would call your pm doctor again, and then again if you get no response. I hate to say it, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and when you are having this kind of trouble with a medication, it needs to be addressed by the doctor sooner, rather than later I'd think. How long has it been since you started the Cymbalta? I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Anyway- I'm sure someone here can give you some really sound advice about how to deal with this. I wish you the best-

Lezlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

BlueSteam HB User
Re: Update

Hi Ozzybug, I did quit taking the cymbalta that third day. The nurse agreed with me on that one---she is just waiting to find out what the dr wants to do next. It's been about two weeks now, so I guess it's time for me to pick up the phone again.

I did start at 30mg's and it is my understanding that 20 or 30mg's is the norm for starting. My second week I would've went on up to 60mg's. I haven't tried Lyrica yet, I'll have to check that one out.

I hope you start doing better on the cymbalta! let us know

Closed Thread